Bert Corona Charter School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
Great School for the neighborhood. My son attended there for 6th grade in 2012-2013 I couldn't tell you about the help students get if they fall behind. I can say that for children that are proficient they're not challenged as much as they should be. My son got accepted into a magnet program at another middle school and decided to pull him out to see if he can be academically challenged elsewhere. My decision was based on their API test scores CST and school ratings. Bert Corona only has 687 vs 860 at the other school. I do loved the small campus everyone knows each other, and the kids seem to be grounded. I really dont have complaints about the school I really liked it and would have kept my son there if he wasnt accepted to a magnet program. He was really sad having to leave the school. I def recommend this school for those in the area not wanting to put your children in public schools, best in the area.

Posted July 31, 2013
I went all three years to Bert Corona. As i was scrolling down i see all these other comments, some not so good, but that was a few years back. This school is one of the best. Take it from me, they have great leadership, a good after school program, & they have athletics. They encourage us to do our best. But they need to find a way to accept more kids. -former student in 10th

Posted February 19, 2011
Love this school it is the best school ever they have allot of great teachers and they have allot of students that score proficent.

Posted May 01, 2010
My husband Los Angeles Councilman Tony Cardenas and I are big fans of our neighborhood schools. This school happens to be our neighborhood middle school. Please note, it's not just us, the administration at Bert Corona has taken a unified approach to teaching the student. The teachers constantly collaborate, they are very accessible and work with the parents to identify where your child needs to build on to be successful and work with the student to change it up for them to learn to take ownership of their academic journey. Mr. Duenas and his administration teach the path to the desires of the students at Bert Corona Charter.

Posted December 10, 2009
My older son graduated from this school and my oldest daughter is currently attending this school. LOVE THE SCHOOL!!! My son now goes to a public LAUSD school and I am so missing the Charter School program! I wish all schools were like Bert Corona!

Posted June 25, 2009
I am a parent of two students at Bert Corona. I have a child that will become a 7th grader this September and my other child will be a new 6 grader. I would like to thank all the 6 grade teachers for all the great work. They have really showed me that they really care about my child. When ever they see that your child is falling behind they will make sure you know and they give them the opportunity to improve the grade. I would like to thank the school principal for giving my children the opportunity to be part of this school and for all the great work that he has done, including making sure the campus is secure and safe. The after school staff has done a great job too. It has all been a great experience, I am really looking toward the next school year.

Posted June 22, 2009
I ve read a few bad comments about Bert Corona, and I disagree 120%. At Bert Corona our children are not know by a number but by their name. The Principle, teachers and staff work very hard to teach and train the students to become the best that they can be. They reward the students who work hard, and are patience with those who have hard time learning. Bert Corona you are and will always be in our hearts. We love you Mr. Duenas, Teachers and Staff. 'Viva Bert Corona'

Bert Corona Charter School 4

Posted March 30, 2009
This school is the best charter school in pacoima. The teachers are hard working and the classes only have about 20-27 students. The school is big and has alot of space to be around. The school also has high reading levels for example10th . They are prepparing children to become one of Californias futer leaders for tomorrow.Go Bert!!!

Posted March 13, 2009
Bert Corona staff and administration are very welcoming and work hard to provide the best education to our children. I want to thank them for their hard work and dediction. They are also very appreciative of what we, the parents, do to help our children succeed. Thank you for valuing us and our children.

Bert Corona Charter School

Posted March 10, 2009
Bert Corona is being like my house. Bert Corona has a lot students that are smart and they read a higher level like collage reading level. Bert Corona is the Best! Go Bert!

Bert Corona Charter School
9400 Remick Avenue, Pacoima, CA  91331
Last modified Bert Corona Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bert Corona Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top