Pacoima, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School The teachers and staff have been there to help me with the development of my daughter. I stay in constant communication with Mr. Cellis has helped me a great deal. He has been there to try and better my daughter Tatiana Torres. Everyone from the yard staff to the office staff have been great.

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
It is true this school has had very bad principals in the past. The latest principal was assigned here In 2009. CST Test scores are very poor. The school's campus is dirty. Parents and Office personel is rude This school has been a (Program Improvement school for 5 years now!!) There is not a single elementary school in the East Valley area with an API of 800. Why? Because as a community we do not advocate enough for our childrens' education. Yes, we can blame the principals and take our children out of this school, that is not the point here! As a community we need to work together to have a better school for our children .

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2010
The principal at this school was kicked out of two other schools already. She is horrible. The district has a long list of complaints about her. My advice call the head of your district and complain and don't give up. She did a really bad thing to my child and we didn't give up on complaining and got others involved and she was removed from our school..

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2010
the principal is so rude she doesnt connect with the parents or students some of the staff are rude they dont try to understand you...personally my sons teacher is awesome but they need to do something about that pricipal ..once i find a better school im transfering him out !!! oh another thing whats the point of making them uniform if they could wear what ever color uniform that comes to your mind the point of a uniform is for the students to wear one color and one color only

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted April 17, 2008
i think the school is really great and has improved from the last years but the principal has to connect to the children as well

Posted February 21, 2008

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2007

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2007
I think that the Principal needs to take more time to improve the school. There is other schools in this area that have done wonders thanks to principal involvement. The parents will not get involved until they see something that will make a difference to benefit their children. I have participated in past clean up days in and around different schools in Pacoima and in all the schools the principal participated with us except for the Principal at Broadous Elementary School. Unfortunately, most parents need someone to guide them through different processes and in order to get involved they need to have other people to care also.

Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School
12561 Filmore Street, Pacoima, CA  91331
Last modified Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillery T. Broadous Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top