Posted September 17, 2013
Montague Charter Academy is a great school. Teachers are very dedicated and our new director has high standards for her students and staff. They really improved communication with parents and became more organized last year. My child is in 4th grade this year. She loves coming to school. We are very happy!

Montague Charter Academy 4

Posted May 13, 2013
Montague Charter Academy of the Arts and Sciences is an exemplary school. Montague teachers go above and beyond for their students. Some teachers offer after school tutoring and free tutoring on Saturdays. My daughter is in first grade this year, and I couldn't have asked for a more dedicated and passionate teacher. Mrs. P transformed my daughter from a student that disliked school and did not know how to read, to a young lady that knows how to read fluently and write a complete, detailed paragraph. The greatest thing about a Charter School is that young and innovated teachers like her are given a chance, as opposed to the district that lays off the teachers who have the desire to teach. I have created a bond with the Montague family; one that I could never had made in another school. However, the current person in charge is young and has a lot to learn. Regardless of the lack of confidence I have in regards to the director, I have full confidence this school will continue to succeed beyond my wildest dreams due to the fabulous staff it houses.

Montague Charter Academy 2

Posted December 11, 2012
Of course we all have different experiences and points of view. When my daughter was in kindergarten her teacher had a kid with some kind of problem and i felt like all of the teachers attention was taken by this little boy, who would throw tantrums and throw his desk and throw toys during class time. This was dangerous for all the other kids and teachers included, yet he was never put in a seperate class. This same teacher took my child, whom she had said was behind, out of intercession because she said that my daughter would not benefit from it because she was a kid that could not stay still. My child repeated kindergarten and that second teacher was great, he actually tried to help my kid, he sent her to saturday school something the other teacher never even talked to me about. Now my daughter is in 1st grade and her class is full of over active kids, like her.I would like to know whose idea this was. When I spoke to the new principal and vice-principal about it they said that it was not reason enough to change her class. Well apparently it was reason enough to get my daughter out of intercession, which she really did need.

Posted October 12, 2012
API scores went up again! (800 API) . The numbers speak for themselves. This school is doing something right. More Parents should show up to parent meetings and school functions.

Posted June 20, 2011
I am very proud to be a MCA parent. The school has excellent 5th grade teachers who really care about their student's academic success. This year was a great year for my child here at Montague, I'm sure next year will also be a great year.

Posted March 30, 2011
My child is a first grader at Montague Charter Academy and he has excelled beyond my wildest dreams with his teacher. She is an amazing person and I feel that she pulled my child out of the hole that he was in from his kindergarten teacher from a different school that he was going to last year. She knows EXACTLY how to deal with him and what he needs. She has opened him up to all things creative and encourages him to be a better student and person. I truly wish that she could be his teacher EVERY year! Montague is blessed to have this teacher on staff, but I know that he will get a great teacher next year as well! They are all wonderful teachers here at MCA and they completely care about the kids that go there.

Posted March 27, 2011
I have been a kindergarten teacher for 6 years at Montague Charter Academy. I am also a parent. I feel that it says a lot about a school when it's teachers entrust their child's education to their colleagues. Both of my children have and currently receive a strong standard based curriculum. The teachers are caring, and go above and beyond their paid hours to create a positive learning environment that fosters independence and self-esteem. There are no schools like this one. Parents are welcome on campus and are encouraged to join a council and participate in their child's education. After reading the comments below....There will always be someone that is upset about their individual circumstances. Overall, as a parent I am very happy with the educational opportunities that my children have here. Music, computers, art are classes available to all students. Our class sizes are lower than any LAUSD school. There are many extra supports available to struggling students as well. Montague's Kindergarden is like no other. Our parents work daily with their child for 1 hour each morning during the Doing words program. It's amazing!!!

Posted September 08, 2010
great school, excellent teachers, I like their staff their are nicely a polite, this school is focus on the challenging of ours kids

Montague Charter Academy 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I agree with the concerns that parents have. As a parent I have only have had bad experiences at Montague Charter academy. The principals feel that just because they run a chater school it gives them the power to do whatever they want to do and not follow school guidelines. It's time to look for a different school. I would not recommend Montague!

Posted May 08, 2010
I am incredibly proud to be a teacher at Montague. The teachers work together and collaborate often, continuing to strive for the best teaching practices. We have helpful, caring families, and parents volunteer and are active participants on governing councils. Our acting executive director is capable, dependable, and actually went to Montague as a child. We celebrate the arts, and have an outstanding music and visual arts program; this is very rare in other schools. Theatre productions are a way for children to express themselves through the arts. We have a computer lab and full time technology instructor. We have a state of the art physical education program, with trained staff who deliver a quality program to students. Our Gifted and Talented program ensures a rigorous academic program. The teachers, faculty, students, and parents built and made Montague a success. I am excited to continue creating a school based on excellence!

Montague Charter Academy
13000 Montague Street, Pacoima, CA  91331
Last modified Montague Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montague Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top