Pacoima, CA
Before care: Yes

Telfair Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2014
My daughter started 2nd grade at Telfair and when she did I notified the teacher that she needed extra help with reading and writing. I asked for help, no one ever called me or attempted to help her. The teacher said she had to be 2 yrs. behind in order for the school to even evaluate her. She is now in 3rd grade and still needs help. I do what I can at home and I even take her to tutoring 3 times a week. I talked to her 3rd grade teacher and she submitted paper work so they can evaluate her. We still wait after 2 months. It just worries me that there are other kids who need the same help if not more and they don t have support from school or at home. There is always an excuse as to why they can t help or do something right away. Give the children the opportunity they deserve to be confident, successful, and well-rounded people. Am I asking for too much . Some may say yes but comparing to other schools, it s possible. The question is how hard are we willing to work as a community to make it happen? Don t let poverty, immigration status, or any other stereotype hold us back from making the change we desperately need.

Posted January 21, 2014
This school has some great teachers that really care about the kids. No school is perfect, but overall I have been very happy with the education my three children have gotten at this school. I have a Kindergarten student, 2nd grade student and 4th grade student.

Telfair Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
Worse school my kid ever had gone to !! Horrible ! HORRIBLE SCHOOL !!! I took my 5yr old daughter to school ( Kindergarten ) and when i came back to pick her up the teacher told me someone had picked her up. I said WHAT!! First I called her Dad to see if had pick her up he said NO!!! He was rushing on his way there we were looking for her for about 30 minutes she was nowhere to be found. The police was called we were looking for her until someone call 2 hours later and said that she was found 7 blocks away from school walking by her self and crying .Those were the worse two hours of my life. Thank God She was Found The school did not apologize or explain what had happen or the teacher

Posted October 11, 2012
My review is 5 stars for the awesome counselor at the school. She helped my 8 year old son love school again and behave in class by counseling him every monday. she told me how I can do calandar charts at home to help me to tell him that he is following the rules. he even got perfect attendance rewards. the principal Mr. jimenez is also very nice and listened to me when i want to talk about things. i also like the teacher she told me to see Maria so I can get help. thank you.

Posted May 17, 2012
My kids have loved their time at Telfair. The teachers are very helpful and capable and my children are very prepared to move on to higher education. The principal and assistant principal have always been friendly and helpful. I don't have any hesitation recommending this school and all its wonderful teachers!

Posted October 07, 2010
That is a great school. I went their and I had the best time of my life. All of the teachers where great. I went their my entire elementary school years from preK-5th grade. i gratuaded their in 2007. Thats a school i will never forget.

Posted February 22, 2010
My son has completed his almost second and an half year of attending the Preschool Mix Program (Special Education) at Telfair in Pacoima. Due to an excellent, well prepared and caring teacher and her constant dedication, my son has significantly improved in all areas. I highly recommend any parents whose children have an IEP and special education needs, to enroll them in Telfair. The teacher and her aid are open, know how to do their job, and caring for the children and their families. My family loves this class.

Posted May 24, 2009
really a great school for your kids the teachers are excellent and the principals are too. your child would love the school and have lots of fun there.

Posted February 04, 2009
Excellent school! The principal and assistant principals are there when you have a problem and they resolve it immediately. The teachers are great. They have good before and after school programs and what I like the most is that if your child is low in academics they will try to help in any way the can. They have offered my child after school intervention, before school intervention and Saturday intervention. I love it, they are great!

Telfair Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2008
The Principal has never returned any of my calls. Up to now I 've left 4 messages for him and havenot heard from anyone.

Telfair Avenue Elementary School
10975 Telfair Avenue, Pacoima, CA  91331
Last modified Telfair Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Telfair Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top