PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

From the moment we set foot on the property I felt a comfort and calm. We have been part of this family for 3 years now and it's been the best experience I could have asked for. From a caring staff of excellent teachers, to an incredible administration staff to wonderful kids and parents alike. My child has grown so much, learned Spanish, computers and social skills. If a situation arises, it handled immediately and parents are notified. The extra school activities are an added bonus!

.................................................................... . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . ..

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers are very good at this school. The problem is with admin not with teachers. However, a ship is only as good as its captain.

This school is wonderful! Small class sizes, wonderful teachers, and a proactive administration provide a great education for our child. The best in the valley by far!

New Head of School is rock solid with an outstanding resume in education. She has really made a positive impact on this school. Friendly and easy to deal with if a parent has ANY concerns. School secretary also very personable. Great teachers are the backbone of this small school. Yes, it is small, but I'll take individualized instruction by teachers who really care about a child improving versus a class size of 17-32 students like other area schools.

I can't say enough good things about this school! The standards that most other schools live by are a mere starting point for the Academy. We have two children attending the Academy and both far exceed academically compared to other children their ages , likely because of the individualized attention that they receive due to the smaller class sizes. Thank you Academy of PDCPC, what you offer is truly unique & unmatched in our area!

Best school in the desert hands down. We love this school! My daughter started at the PDCPC Primary School 3 years ago and is now in Kindergarten at The Academy of Palm Desert Community Presbyterian Church. In Kindergarten, every student in my daughter's class learned all the states and capitals. We are enrolled for 1st grade. Her reading level and math level are a year ahead of other local schools. We love the character and faith based teaching and that children from other religions attend as well. The staff and teachers are top notch. I love the emphasis on art, music etc. Children of all levels thrive. The after school activities such as pottery, cooking, etc you can't get anywhere else. We are crossing our fingers that 8th grade will be added in a year so we know where our daughter will be attending for the next 8 years. The best part is that The Academy is a very humble, welcoming, encouraging environment. Meet any of the students and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Academy is an incredible school. The teachers are beyond dedicated to our children and we can't say enough about what a great school it is. Only recently, 18 of our students won awards in the Palm Desert Art and Essay Contest. The Academy won a third of the 55 awards given at our grade levels and this was in competition with some very good students at some very good schools!!! We were all very proud, however it wasn't at all surprising. The Academy teachers are uniquely able to consider each child's level and gifts, and with our small class sizes, are able to tailor their education accordingly. What more can a parent ask for? If you are looking for a wonderful place for your children you need to check out the Academy. You won't be disappointed and it might be the best thing you have ever done for your child or (children). Also, recently the Church announced that they were going ahead with 7th grade. So now we have Preschool - 7th grade! Many thanks go to the Presbyterian Church and their parishioners for believing in the Academy and for putting their love and support behind it. Our children are thriving at the Academy~!

The Academy is hands down the best in the Valley! No comparison the level of achievement my child has accomplished. To see the level of respect my child has for the teachers and how eager my child is to be there every day! truly shows the commitment the teachers have on their students. The small class size and the attention to every detail growing little minds need is met at this great school! I can't think of any other school claiming the same.

This is the greatest school in the valley. The most amazing and caring teachers, it really shows through in the kids. You won't find the small class sizes and great academic programs anywhere else in town.

Last modified The Academy of Palm Desert Community Presbyterian Church is a Private school that serves grades PK-8