Palm Desert, CA

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2015
I am the grandma of a young man in kindergarten. The scheduled bus pick up and drop off have been consistent until today. It was an hour before delivery of my grandson to the normal scheduled area. There was no policy or procedure to telephone the family of this delay and it played havoc with the family. I think new guidelines should be put into place for situation like this.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
My kids had a fine time here. The school seems to lack funds, but my kids' teachers put a lot into their teaching. My daughter & son both like the smallness. My daughter LOVED her kindergarten teacher, Ms. Sanchez, and felt very nurtured. Unfortunately, there is a high number of English as Second Language learners, which made any kind of after school socializing non-existent. THis also obviously affects the test scores, too, which makes it rank lower & they therefore get less funding. However, our personal experience was positive and the teachers put in TONS of effort.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2013
This is a horrible school. I had my daughter in kindergarden there with one teacher and had to switch her to another class because all they did was watch movies all day. Then her new teacher didn't like me and kept harrasing me by calling CPS all the time with no valid reasons. Even CPS told me that they didn't believe the story that she said really happened but that still goes on my record that a case was opened. She has called twice in a month and a half. My daughter deserves better than a teacher who wants to destroy our lives just because of her personal feelings about me. She even told CPS that I am addicted to perscription medication, I only met her once....what would even give her that idea? Its all just personal feelings and she doesn't realize the danger she is putting my child in by making these false acusations. Or maybe she does realize and just doesn't care. If she spent half that energy on teaching my daughter things would be good. The staff in the office are nice and when I first met them I thought I would like the school, but this experience has made me hate the school so much that I am moving just to get a new home school! Ugh! Don't send your child to lincoln!

Posted September 01, 2011
I actually switched from Carter- to Lincoln and was SOOOOOO happy I did-- I could careless about the API scores -- take the time and meet the Teachers and the Staff and you will understand every single one cares about YOUR kid. My kids scores went up after coming here and Teachers that understood she was just Bored at Carter and needed a more challenging environment. So happy I wish more Schools cared as much as this one does. Thank you Lincoln School Staff.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
The teachers really care and go the distance to make sure every child in their class gets as much personal attention as needed.

Posted September 05, 2008
This school has come a long way... when my son entered kindergarten, in 2002, the reputation was pretty low and this was not considered a good school. Since then, with the help of the then new principal, Ms Esmeralda, it has become one of the best of the area: it is now a distinguished school since 2006 and has received other awards as well, such as the 'green school environmental award' and my son was part,in 2006, of a class of 3rd graders who traveled to the White House to receive form the President of the United States the EPA award, the youngest kids ever since its creation. The teachers are dedicated and knowledgeable, which is not everywhere, since California ranks number 47 out of 50 states for most educated states. The new principal, Mrs Gardner, is continuing the tradition.Excellent !

Posted August 11, 2008
Lincoln is a great school. Thanks to that school my daughter met the president

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted July 18, 2008
Hello!!! I thought this was about Lincoln ele. Someone metioned Carter, please get the schools straight. Washington, Carter are the best ele. schools in the desert, except private ex.(Marywood) Lincoln does not measure up for the APIs. If you are moving here get on the wating list for Washington Charter or plan to go to Palm Desert Middle or Palm Desert High. Although Desert Sands Unified Schools are all pretty good. Good Luck!

Posted January 14, 2008

Posted May 29, 2007
This is my daughter 3th year attending the school, I have no complaints, its a great school for any child to attend. I am for wearing uniforms make it easy and save me money.

Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
74-100 Rutledge Way, Palm Desert, CA  92260
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top