Posted April 30, 2013
Speaking to the recent reviewer: The school has a waiting list, spots fill quickly. You should apply at the first of the year. If you felt your application wasn't given much attention in APRIL, it's because you missed the bus. To even suggest the office was profiling you based on financial status (or ethnicity!!) is not only deeply insulting but simply outrageous. I am a parent (of lower socio-economic status if you want to go there) of children who attend this school, am Hispanic, and have never seen nor experienced what you describe. So sorry you had that impression but it's just untrue, and your rating is completely unfair because it is based on a first impression and not because your child actually attended! This school, in my earnest opinion, is the very best the desert has to offer.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted April 26, 2013
I wish I could give this school a 5 star rating. So many of my friends' children attend this school (families who happen to be MAJOR BENEFACTORS) to Sacred Heart and Xavier Prep. However I was so turned off by the way I was treated in the front office when I turned in my child's application, It clearly was a case of the administrative staff stereotyping my ability to pay no knowing anything of my financial situation. I have had friends have the same experience at Xavier Prep, where they are told there's no reason to apply since financial aid is already closed. The administrative office personnel look at the physical appearance of a person (ethnicity, whatever) and make a determination on the spot as to ability to pay. In neither case did I or any of the other parents I know who've had similar experiences have any problems with paying the full tuition and additional as potential benefactors. It's such a shame. For a school with a good reputation to lose potential donations and good families because of stereotyping. Deeply saddened, and hoping both schools will reconsider thier approach to receiving guests in their front offices.

Posted February 08, 2012
We are new to the school this year and came hear from another private school. We can't say enough good things about this school and the administration, the principal(s) are very involved, engaged and the faculty is wonderful. Our children are thriving and being academically challenged.

Posted April 14, 2011
My children have been attending Sacred Heart for 4 years and I love the school. I love that my children talk about being kind to others and that we are all children of God. This school teaches important values that will make them great human beings. The staff and teachers are wonderful.

Posted January 31, 2011
My kids attended Sacred Heart for 8 years...... This school has grown tremendously since we started there. The commitment and devotion from the teachers and administration has not changed. What has changed, unfortunately, is that the school has grown so much, it is no longer that small little tight knit school we once enjoyed. As the economy has changed,the school has inherited the thousand dollar millionaire high maintenance kids and parents from the more expensive schools in the area........This has definitely changed the dynamics of the school. Still love the pastor (most of those high maintenance families are not church goers.....), love the principal and administration, and the teachers. Don't like the people who have invaded the school. By the way, my kids were well beyond prepared for high school, all their books were current, and the devotion and love from Sacred Heart is unmatchable.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted August 15, 2010
Sacred Heart is the lowest tuition for a private school in the valley. You get what you pay for...teachers come and go and less qualified than most public school teachers. Our oldest son attended 9 years but we found they had not prepared them for the transition to public high school. Administration is weak and goes to the diocese head office for directives. Pastor goes to a shrink. Bullying has been a huge problem from both boys and girls. I will apologize to both my kids for having put them through what I thought was the best school for them and regret doing so.

Posted August 06, 2010
This school has been incredible, from the teachers to the families, we have loved every minute. While we are a Pre-K family not qualified to speak to the academic growth offered in the later grades, this first year has been a fabulous experience. From the director to our team teachers, our son thrived and learned every single day. The staff showed tremendous compassion and ability to integrate our son with a medical condition into the school family. Thank you!

Sacred Heart School 0

Posted October 15, 2008
My granddaughter has been a student for three years. In 2007, the school won the national Blue Ribbon award as a consequence of student performance and academic standards placing it in the top 10%. The teachers are great and there is the strong commitment to community usually expected in a private school. While this school has had some admin challenges, it has been flexible enough to try to rise to meet them. By far, this school provides the best education and mentorship to teach students accountability in the desert. We are fortunate that my grand can attend.

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted January 10, 2008
The elementary school is satisfactory but the curriculum is out-dated. Some textbooks are over a decade old. The middle school is defininitely behind the other schools in the area academically. The leadership has not been effective. Faculty turnover has been a problem for over 10 years.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted November 25, 2006
Sacred Heart is a very tight-knit environment where most students do very well. However, student success is mainly due to parents being extremely involved with the school and with their children's learning. A high level of parent involvement at a private school is a given, but the level of involvement by parents at Sacred Heart is very high. The overall quality of teaching is fair to good. Normal daily teaching strategies are very traditional. Unfortunately, the school has had difficulty attracting and keeping highly skilled teachers. The leadership of the current principal is weak- which may have something to do with teacher quality and job satisfaction. Some office staff are helpful; however, certainly not all of them. The assistant principal is wonderful. Also, Father Lincoln is a tremendous presence at Sacred Heart School and is truly the 'Heart' of the school. The good about Sacred Heart far outweighs the bad.

Sacred Heart School