K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

There was very little support as my homework was being affected by problems at home.

I attended Desert Chapel for my first two years of high school. There were some teaching staff members who were kind and thoughtful, and I made some great friends there. There is a tight-knit family atmosphere. However, there are many reasons to not ever attend or send your kids here. The most obvious reason is the anti-science brainwashing that goes on in this place. They forcefeed anti-science propaganda in "science" classes. I was bullied (but defended by classmates) for believing in Evolution. Absolute falsehoods are taught just because they are compatible with the Bible. Speaking of the Bible, If you're going to a Christian school, it's fair to expect to be taught about Christianity. What I didn't expect was that almost every course including Spanish and History used religious textbooks and religious themes were brought up almost every day. Complete brainwashing. Not to mention the condescending teachers and office staff who take every opportunity to passively judge you and strut their "moral superiority". Even crazier, we were taught World History by our unqualified (but very nice) lunch ladies. The point of highschool is to prepare students for the real world and college, and this school does neither. If you want your kids to live on an island where they can agree with everyone they meet, then this is a great school for you. I pity the kids that are sent here against their will.

This is the best school that I have ever seen. My son is doing so great there. We love DC!

We are so happy that we chose DCCS. Our daughter was so loved throughout elementary school. She also had a great education...all teachers are willing to help out. Now she's in middle school and loving it!

The love they have for kids is amazing. You'd be fortunate to get to have your kids there! Very strong curriculum, above public schools

I agree, the principal is old schooling. Quick to judge. Needs to be a little softer and understanding to todays child!

My daughter attends the high school. The school is solid in its curriculum. The teachers are caring, attentive, and on top of things. Sadly, the new principal is old-school and not in tune with young people. Fortunately, the faculty counterbalances that!

Last modified Desert Chapel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12