Bad
Good

Posted August 28, 2014
Cahuilla is an amazing school! We just relocated from another city and from the beginning of us starting at Cahuilla, we have always felt welcomed and cared for by the staff and teachers. The new principal, Dr. Ryan Saunders is an amazing new addition to the school - he is vibrant, always out on the campus talking to the students, observing if students need help (I witnessed him see a young student lost one more and said "are you lost, can I help you find your classroom?" - it just warmed my heart), etc. We have two children in special education (2nd Grader and 3rd Grader) and I am beyond pleased with the care and nurturing I am seeing take place in their classrooms. With the addition of the brand new state of the art playground this year, this school has got it all! And a great PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) that supports the school, obtaining great fundraising support from the Palm Springs Community. The cafeteria is awesome, offering a fresh fruits & vegetables bar - what an awesome thing for the students, and the cafeteria staff treats the kids as if they were their own. The office staff is amazing, always so welcoming, smiles every day! Cahuilla is awesome!

Posted October 23, 2011
This is an update. I am the parent that posted in 02/10. I am even more pleased with this school than before. This is our third year at this school. My son is now in second grade. He is reading at a 4-5 grade level. My daughter is in 4th grade and has improved greatly. She started 3rd grade reading at a 1st grade level. She is now reading at grade level. Both of my children score above proficient in math. The teachers at this school have shown me RESULTS! I am very grateful to all of the staff at Cahuilla Elementary School.

Posted March 22, 2009
This school is fantastic! My daughter is in her second year at Cahuilla and she excels in all her classes. Her improvement has been extraordinary and most importantly she loves going to school. The teachers are very involved in making sure that all kids thrive. We have been very happy with this school.

Cahuilla Elementary School

Posted November 25, 2007
The experience at Cahuilla has been wonderful. The teachers are all certified with real teaching degrees. The many years of experience everyone on the staff at this school amazing and, it really shows. The math curriculum is ahead of where my sons would have been in private school. They feel successful and challenged. Both are pulling straight A's. We're very happy with the student body, as well. Many of the children are one's we know already from our many years in AYSO soccer, Boy Scouts, summer camps and other activies in Palm Springs. Cahuilla has been a positive, safe and rewarding experience so far!

Posted November 24, 2007
Cahuilla's administration and faculty are superior. The attitude of growth and improvement is prevalent everywhere, from the Single School Plan to each teacher's lesson plans. A technology committee is working tirelessly to create an environment that prepares every child for today's high tech world. I can't imagine a more professional, motivated, positive working environment.

Posted August 17, 2007
The staff at this school are great the teacher's spend time with the kids and really teach them

Posted September 19, 2006
Cahuilla Elementary School has been really good for my two children. They both have excelled so much here. They really like the staff, because the staff really cares and it shows. Their teachers are really good and have a lot of patience. There is a high level of parent involvement and it is encouraged.

Posted September 10, 2003
I love the small class sizes and the staff are all very friendly! Plus the school itself is new and very modern.

Cahuilla Elementary School
833 East Mesquite Avenue, Palm Springs, CA  92264
Last modified Cahuilla Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.