Posted August 05, 2014
Truly the top school in the PSUSD area. Cannot be more impressed with the teachers and their level of commitment to their students and their learning. They go above and beyond. School got the highest test scores for 2013 in PSUSD. Technology is impressed to all students, they have music and band services to students, and their level of parent commitment is profound. So happy they currently are up to 6th grade, and our hope is that one day they will be 7th and 8th so we don't have to move to a middle school. The principal and vice principal are open, innovative, and support all their staff well, which creates a very positive environment. Thank you Cielo Vista Charter for your amazing standards for our children

Posted April 10, 2014
In life I feel it is one of the best decisions made and mainly for the development of my daughter, the director that the head of the campus and there all his team have a very important purpose, to train children with character and hence is derived all the system of education. my daughter from kindergarten does not have a day of school she wants to stop going. That says to me that she is in good hands and forming a "EXCEPTIONAL" educational future as they learn and I learn from her mother. I thank God for being people like you who love their work. I am very proud that my daughter belongs to the class of Mrs. Jarecki, is an excellent teacher and his vocation for teaching person is unique. Thanks for all Principal and Staff

Posted November 07, 2011
I have a 3rd and 5th grader at the school, this is our first year at Cielo VIsta. I was working for the district when I first heard about this school. I didn't think there would be a difference. Well, I was so wrong, I can honestly say that all the teachers are great. I have always been weary about my children getting a random teacher, so I have always requested the teachers I have wanted. This is not a problem here. Everyone is always so friendly, and the parents are encouraged to be there. Everyone is so involved. The PTG is wonderful and their doors are always open to parents who want to help, or just to sit and listen to what's going on. I am so glad my boys got into this school. They are really happy there too!!

Posted October 28, 2011
Principal, staff, and teachers are involved in the learning of each student -- they've created a "family" at CVC. We love it!

Posted October 25, 2011
I am a new parent to the public school system, so I had some reservations. I am so impressed with the school, and it's progressive learning. Teachers work as a collaborative team, and through the continuous support of the principal are encouraged to teach to their strengths. I learned charters can allocate funds to meet their needs, such as aides in 1st grade, full time PE/Nutrition and music teacher. The charter has an innovative learn by doing approach and project based learning. The school has a 24/7 laptop program for upper grades taught through macs and ipads! Kindergarten is full day. Charter has added another 40 mins to their school day for "eagle hour" where emphasis is placed on students academic needs. They work on building character through academics and community service programs! I love the emphasis on citizenship and helping others in the community. There is strong parent involvement. I realized it's not all about test scores. High performing teachers, technology, teaching methods that think outside the box, community service and emphasizing character can outweigh gov test scores! We are in our 2nd year and are beyond impressed! Excited for the years to come

Posted April 18, 2011
So happy we could get our granddaughter in this school. We look forward to the coming years for sure! The teachers and staff are phenomenal!!

Posted January 30, 2011
As an experienced educator, I can without reservation say that Cielo Vista Charter is the greatest school I have ever seen. First, the leadership from the top is unparalleled. The principal works harder than anyone, genuinely cares about the children and staff, and sets the bar beyond high for her knowledge of education and her professionalism. The staff is of the highest caliber - educators from various backgrounds all working collaboratively. It is obvious they view the students as "our students", not merely "my class" or "his/her class". Ideas are shared, data is analyzed, programs are improved, and they don't accept anything other than complete student achievement. Lastly the students - they are wonderful, nice, hard working kids.... makes me feel optimistic about the future with a group of young people like this as our next generation of Americans.

Posted September 04, 2010
As a new parent to Cielo Vista Charter I am thrilled with how excited my son is about learning. The staff is very dedicated and goes above and beyond other schools we've visited. The principal is caring and very involved in the classrooms. My husband and I couldn't be happier about the education our son is receiving.

Posted August 25, 2010
All of the staff is dedicated to giving our students what they need to be successful in the future. They are all committed individuals.

Posted August 22, 2010
As a parent with three students at the new charter school I am truly please with the parent involvement. I must also say that the principal enjoys what she does and is actively involved in all classrooms. The principal stated, "I love children and watching them improve academically and socially." I recommend anyone that is available to tour the school to do so. If you have 6th graders who want to academically exceed in all state standards this is the school for you. Do not miss out on this once in a life time experience. Your children will be happy and enjoy school. Isn't that what we all want? Children to love school!

Cielo Vista Charter School
650 South Paseo Dorotea, Palm Springs, CA  92264
Last modified Cielo Vista Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cielo Vista Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top