Public charter
Palmdale, CA
After care: No

Posted February 13, 2015
The GCS K-6 campus has stellar and dedicated teachers. I strive to keep the teachers updated with the common core curriculum and best teaching practices for our diverse student population. Our teachers choose to remain here for our smaller class sizes. We recognize our teachers every year with luncheons, gifts, and awards. Our student attendance has increased, and we always have a waiting list of potential students seeking to attend our great school. I continue to be impressed with the fact that our CELDT staff have been able to re-designate 30% of our CELDT student population this year to English Language Speakers. We continue to set goals and achieve them. Our school has an excess of in-class educational hours to afford us this opportunity to give the students one day of fun, creative educational time per month. I will continue to ensure that our school functions effectively and efficiently. And most important that our students will be prepared for the middle school and higher education. This is a school of choice, everyone at the Guidance Charter is here because they want to be here. Dr. Palacio

Posted June 23, 2014
Our new High School opened last August. Being brand new, we had our challenges and we faced them head on. As a result, we achieved a six year WASC accreditation and the prestigious Civic Learning Award of Merit! Our students are superstars! We help them to achieve by providing them with individualized plans for success! This year we offer 3 pathways, online accredited courses and individual student tablets. We are on the right track for success! The best is yet to come.

Posted June 23, 2014
I have five. (5) children now at both campuses; and can't say enough GREAT things about this school. I am saddened to see the negative comments by this parent of a Senior; first, I know she only had ONE child and the fact that the school went out of their way to ensure these students had the same experience and activities as the large schools in the community. These students had courses, in which there were only 6 students. The school provides the "community" and responsiveness of a private school for FREE. It is a true blessing to have this school in our community!!! This year every student will have a FREE tablet and ALL online books! The teachers are best if the best and I am grateful for their service!!! My children will be there (2) of them for the next 10 years!!!!

Posted June 22, 2014
I have 2 students that went to this School last year and it was so bad like one of ther other parents that made a comment . About it being unorganized so true I had a son that just graduated there in May and it was so bad they graduated with the 8th Graders and the whole time the director of the school was talking about how good this school is , And What there getting next year hmmm that's what we were suppose to get this pass year and didn't get .. And he was so concerned about the mayor being there it was so very sad that my son didn't have a great last year of higih school .. Took my other son out of this school .. And they let all there security go and there only keeping 1 because they spent to much money on the K9 dog Rita .. So think twice on sending your child here next year .

Posted June 04, 2014
Well it is no so bad in all ,but it is not what they say in their webside, all is about a bussiness, it is to small and old and the education is like other commun school ...happy not to have my kids there any more.

Posted May 14, 2014
I'm so upset with myself for enrolling my kids to this school. They don't have nothing organize. The school does let you know any progress on your kid, no progress reports or report cards for that matter. We moved from a little town in Missouri we only had one school there from K-!2 so when i heard about guidance its seem the same as are town. But like i said worst mistake ever. My son a senior and he had to take the cahsee test twice because school doesn't have the results my guess is that they lost the test because like I said nothing is organized in that school. I have two more students that would had been attending that school, but now I will be enrolling them to a diffrent School. Overall I DONT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE. DONT EVEN DESERVE ONE STAR but I have to pick one because it won't let me post.

Posted April 15, 2014
Best High School choice in the Antelope Valley, they have medical Academy, Art, TV and Media Academy, Music and Dance Art Academy, CIF sports like Soccer, Basketball, volleyball, baseball, swimming, track , cross country and the School is WASC accredited.

Posted December 31, 2013
This School is a One of a Kind School! The Front Office Staff is the friendliest and most professional I've ever come across. Ms. Selina is the Sweetest Secretary you could ever meet, Always greeting parents and students with a Beautiful Smile and in a Very Courteous Manner. The teachers are also Great at this school, I believe the API Scores talks for themselves. This is truly a "School of Choice" Thank you Guidance Charter School for Being TOP NOTCH!

Posted October 22, 2013
This school is not about the students!! I've never seen so much media about the director and so little about the kids. What a joke, I will be dis-enrolling my child.

Guidance Charter School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My two boys go to The Guidance Charter School. We love it!! It is the best school around.

Guidance Charter School
37230 37th Street East, Palmdale, CA  93550
Last modified Guidance Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guidance Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top