Posted December 03, 2014
Part 2- I also want to mention that my son's 4th Grade teacher, Ms. Skinner was VERY good to him as well as communicative with me. My daughter's 6th Grade teacher was a first year teacher. Needless to say, she was completely overwhelmed teaching a combo class, and has yet to find her style. It was not the smoothest year. The Robotics Teacher, Ms. Koonce- TOP NOTCH. My daughter is on her Robotics Team and this teacher is dedicated. The ASB Teacher, Rossall, won an award last year by the school board. Heidi in the office has not turned me away yet, and I KNOW I am a high maintenance parent. Lastly, I REALLY like this Principal! She genuinely seems to care about my kids, even though my son has been sent to her several times. I love that she is very promotional about college to the Jr. High kids and let me tell you, this woman must have a cot in her office. She is ALWAYS there and at EVERY after school/weekend EVENT. I highly respect this staff and they have been very good to my kids.

Posted August 16, 2013
I love the teacher. Heidi is the rudest lady I have ever met. She has yelled at myself and several parents in front of groups of people. She is very compulsive. I am worried how the rest of the school year is going to go which this is the second week of school. All I was trying to do was contact Teacher AGAIN About bullying!! I am concerned and worried how she acts when parents aren't around if she acts like this while parents are around. Keep your eye out for her. She doesn't take "vistors" passes seriously. If your wearing one on campus she will still yell at you and tell you to get out. Scary right!

Anaverde Hills School 2

Posted August 16, 2013
Part 2: She wont even look at you in the eye and talk to you respectfully. I had a visitors pass on and I already spoke with another staff about it and for her to yell at me not even knowing why I was there was soooo unprofessional. It makes me worry about how she is with the kids if she talks to adults like that. Another child was scared and freaking out in the office and instead of trying to soothe him to make him feel more comfortable to go to class, she yells at him. This incompetent woman should not be working with children and should consider a job as a drill sergeant. Like I said, this school could have so much potential if they were a little more understanding about parents and there children and if they got rid of that rude, unqualified, insensitive woman (Heidi) in the office..

Posted August 16, 2013
Part 1: My son started TK this year and the teachers are great. This school could have so much potential if it just gets its act together with staff. The ratio is absolutely ridiculous and Heidi in the office should not be aloud to work at schools. 30 to 1 is absurd. My main problem though is that parents are unable to walk their child to class when they are only in TK and kindergarten. It is their first year and they are overwhelmed and scared as it is. Heidi at the front desk is completely rude and very unprofessional. She yelled at me and several other parents in front of the children. So many parents talk about her in the parking lot everyday so I know it is not that she just had one bad day. I was told I was able to walk my child to class because he was so upset. I started to walk him to class (after i signed in and put on my visitors pass) and Heidi was passing by and in front of the kids and about 30 other people she yells at me like a child and my son had finally calmed down by then and after seeing this woman yell at his mother he starts to freak out again and then doesn't want to go to class again.

Anaverde Hills School 4

Posted September 26, 2011
vicki & heidi in the office are the rudest unhappy ladies that work at Ana Verde elementary. It sad because the school is great & the teachers are awesome.

Anaverde Hills School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
My son attends this school and I have to say that I was impressed this past year with his teacher (Mrs. Herrera). She got to know my son and understood what his needs were. My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 2008 and this is the first teacher who really worked with him so that he could excel. Thank you

Posted September 28, 2010
This school needs a lot of improvement. Although it is a distinguished school there is many disciplinary issues with the children and communication issues with the office staff.

Posted April 09, 2010
Anaverde Hills Elementary was recognized as a California Distinguished School as of March 2010.We have excellent teachers. The PTA is great. We are a small school of close to 300 students grades K-6th. I have 5 children, 3 of which attend Anaverde Hills Elementary since fall of 2007. Our teachers are dedicated to our children's education.

Posted April 08, 2010
I have 2 children in this school and I am very happy with their progress. The teachers are very good. My kids are happy. They have good friends. Well rounded children.

Posted July 26, 2009

Anaverde Hills School
2902 Greenbriar Street, Palmdale, CA  93551
Last modified Anaverde Hills School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anaverde Hills School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top