Bad
Good

I'm so glad God moved us close to this school. One of my kids was a hyperactive and what his teacher did? She lent her son's comic book and then other book and other book; then my son asked me to buy the series, then other series of books. Since then, my son has been a reader. He is in Junior and passing grades with straight "A"s and fine colors. Desert Rose you will be always in our hearts.

I used to go to this school, and I've had many wonderful memories from it. I wish I could still be in it however. The teachers maybe strict with the kids but they are also very fun and teach kids properly. The principles are also very understanding, strict, flexible, and fun. They may be strict at times but they are really great once you get to know them.

This would be the 2nd year my child has attended Desert Rose, I have been to their functions and let me tell you because of their functions and the high spirited attitudes of the PTA and the stuff I chose for my child to return to this school. I believe in children are first and apparently so does Desert Rose. The office staff is considerate even when there is an overwhelming amount of parents, the principal is very understanding and his kindergarten teacher was the greatest. As of right now, his 1st grade teacher is good as well,.... Before you judge off of what some one has written, please go to their functions and find out for yourself... I AM HAPPY AND CONTENT WITH MY CHILD EDUCATION AND THE STAFF AS WELL... Parent involvement is what YOUR child needs contact the PTA to get involved

I love this school but need to have more parents involved. Pta is doing their best but we need more parents on pta. The school needs to make parents feel welcome.

I' m very unhappy with the way the school rushes the kids to eat their lunch, the food is not good. My child sometimes gets upset stomach aches. We pack lunch 95% which is fine. Great cross walk people. Keep up the good work. The staff at front desk is not the nicest. The teachers are ok. My kids have had better teachers and staff. i

Being a parent of a grade K child, I would like to stress how much I dislike this school. My child's teacher can be nice, when she wants to be and mostly only when you are donating something to the class. My problems with the school are: 1) 90% of the children don't speak English, and neither do their parents, thereby forcing the children who can actually speak English by 5 years old to progress very slowly trying to let the other children catch up 2) the school calls almost DAILY asking for donations or for you to buy something 3) the teacher never lets the students out on time...you often sit there waiting for 15 to 30 mins for her to open her door. The school is bad, the solitation is awful, and your child is hindered by lack of English.

This is a great school thanks to the teachers. Administrators come and go, but the teachers consistently are there for the kids!

As a parent volunteer I found first hand desert rose is a wonderful school for my child from the teachers to the staff also the parents who volunteer I say great job!

i think that the teachers are great but the school is a little to stict. the prinaple can be a little to mean and my teacher is fun

Last modified Desert Rose Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.