Ocotillo Elementary School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
This school has gone down since my oldest daughter went there, I can't believe the conduct of some of the teachers at this school, This school was once one that cared for the students and watch for their safety. What has happen to this school?

Posted October 23, 2011
As a parent who comes from a school that was lacking to say the least I love this school. My daughter has an awesome teacher and the principal and vice seem very involved and caring. They stand outside before and after school, which is nice so that parents can easily approach them if we have a need. Overall this is a wonderful school.

Ocotillo Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2010
loved this school until this year. New principal, who is making a lot of uneccesary changes that have a lot of parents upset. Quality of teachers and education seems to be declining. Just got a letter stating this school is in the IP (improvment program) according to the state. For the first time in 3 years since my children have been attending Ocotillo, I am very disappointed.

Ocotillo Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
My child started Ocotillo in Kindergarten and now she is moving on to the second grade. All her teachers have been very nice. Ocotillo gives lots of reading assigments which has helped her become a very good reader. I really like that the school introduces the kids to classwork that other local schools do not. The different writing assignments and reading. It is an exceptional school especially for it being public.

Posted May 13, 2010
Ocotillo has an amazing staff of teachers, administrators, and parents!!

Ocotillo Elementary School 0

Posted April 05, 2010
Ocotillo Elementary is a safe a naturing environment for children. I has a great leadership and a wonderful group of committed teachers.

Posted November 20, 2009
Every teacher is different and every kid has different learning needs. But I have had 3 kids at Ocotillo (two are now at Juniper) and am very proud to say they are all A-B students. Yes my husband and I are very active in their school work but I owe alot to these teachers. Just think they have 30+ kids to teach and I have helped in the classes and it is hard work to keep them all on task. I give this school all 5 stars thanks to this school I have kids that love to learn, so thank you Ocotillo!!

Ocotillo Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
Ocotillo is the best public elementary school in town! The principal is top-notch and the teachers outstanding. All three of our youngest children have attended or are attending this great elementary school.

Posted October 20, 2009
Ocotillo staff, students and parents are the best. We have the most experienced, caring teachers who go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure every student is learning every day.

Ocotillo Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2009
This is not a good school, let's be honest. The STAR test shows 50% of students score at basic or below basic level. My son goes to school and everyday he comes home he tells me what they were working on that day, then I roll up my sleeves and teach him. They can't teach him anything. His scores are good but I take credit for that. The school is the best in Palmdale School District but PSD is already at the edge of a cliff. Don't expect miracles here. The bottom line is the only thing they care about.

Ocotillo Elementary School
38737 Ocotillo School Drive, Palmdale, CA  93551
Last modified Ocotillo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocotillo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.