Palmdale, CA
Students enrolled: 1,142

Posted April 17, 2014
My kids have been attending this school since they close down tamarisk. I've had little issues but nothing serious. This year was different though my 5th grade daughter has Mr.Hauptman. in my opinion he's a great teacher since the beginning of the year I knew he was great . Also little issues I had with meals Mr.Morales immediately took care of it. Over waa ll im pleased with tumbleweed.

Posted March 08, 2013
My now 7th grader attended Tumbleweed K-6th grade as well as is sibling who is still attending. I never had a problem with any teachers but always felt as if the principals were always at conflict with each other, which affected the whole school. The old principals were replaced 2 years ago, and the new principals have shown excellent leadership, cooperation with staff as well as being magnificent problem solvers. They truly care for the state of the school as well as the students. In response to the parent who has a problem with your nephews teacher.... my children have never been a problem in the classroom, yet other children are very distracting and inhibit the teachers ability to teach as well as the other students ability to learn. Instead of taking your nephews word at face value, investigate and have a conference. It has been my experience that many times when the same child continually has problems with all of their teachers, it isn't the teachers, it's the student.

Tumbleweed Elementary School 2

Posted February 22, 2013
my daughters both attended Tumbleweed from kinder to 6th grade. My nephew now attends this school for fifth grade and I am not happy with his teacher. Yes, my nephew can be a handful but i feel that she has labeled him a trouble maker and is constantly harassing him over minor things. If a note is passed to him in class he gets in trouble for accepting it. If he is trying to do his work and is being disturbed by other students and he tells them to leave him alone, he gets in trouble for disrespecting his classmates. Teachers are not what they used to be at this school.

Tumbleweed Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
very rude office staff only caring of personal matters other then there job and mostly not on task

Posted March 13, 2012
I used to be a student at Tumbleweed Elementary. I attended 1996 to 1998 and frankly I'm shocked at everyone's negativity towards them. I do feel it is the Principal and Vice-Principal's fault but it wasn't like that when I went there. The staff was always caring, the curricular challenging yet fun, and a wonderful student to teacher ratio. If any of you aren't satisfied with Tumbleweed, take it to the office...if you're not satisfied, than go to the Education Board.

Posted January 21, 2012
Tumbleweed School has recently had a complete overhauling of staff, including an almost completely new set of teachers, so I feel a more recent and accurate review is due. Since September of 2010, Tumbleweed's teachers, administration and staff have been working overtime to turn around the negative culture of the school and unmotivated attitudes of the students. This change was hard for some people to understand and some parents even took their children out of the school because the expectations were "too high". However, the 92 point growth on the last CST put Tumbleweed on the map and now it seems that high expectations are just what this persistently low achieving school needed! A staff full of dedicated and hard working individuals who believe in their students has moved this school in a whole new direction. Congrats Tumbleweed, and keep up the hard work! Our kids need all of us!

Tumbleweed Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2011
My daughter is in Kinder-garden at Tumbleweed and has a teacher she absolutely loves :Ms Ross. Which is the ONLY reason I even gave 2 stars. The office staff has 1 nice lady, and the yard workers are mostly nice, but the rest of the officials are beyond rude and could care less about what the students need to succeed, they are more concerned with putting the parents down in front of the child. (I have a disabled neice I care for & we Walk to the school nearly a mile & a half each way& sometimes are a little late & have been thoroughly chewed out for being an irrresponsible parent because they had to "babysit" for 5 minutes )

Tumbleweed Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2008
The staff at Tumbleweed are great, both teachers and support staff. The office staff however have alot to learn about professional behavior. Most of the time they seem more concerned about their own personal matters instead of taking care of school and parent needs. One of them in particular seems to always be on her cell phone or shopping on the internet. The one that sits at the very front seems to be nice though. The Principal doesn't seem to have any idea what she is doing and has zero people skills. Apparently, from what I keep hearing, she lets the kids walk all over her when they get in trouble and sent to the office. She seems more concerned with hen-pecking her staff than taking care of student discipline problems. I think this would be a very successful school if they just had better leadership, and discipline.

Tumbleweed Elementary School

Posted June 03, 2008
My niece and nephew are currently enrolled in this school. This is quite possibly the worst school I've ever encountered. The supervision is substandard. My niece and nephew come home with bruises and bitemarks that no one can seem to explain. My nephew rarely receives homework. School is scheduled to end in a few weeks and my nephew has only brought home one Progress Report for the entire school year. Neither the teacher nor the Principal will return any phone calls. Really substandard all around. My niece's teacher, Mrs. James, is absolutely excellent but she seems to be the exception to the rule. The twins will not be attending this school in the future if their mother and I have any say so about it. Tumbleweed is so far below acceptable standards that it is amazing the school is able to keep its accreditation.

Posted April 19, 2008
Tumbleweed School has an outstanding staff and wonderful programs. Student achievement is obviously their top priority. They do an outstanding job of communicating with parents. It is obvious that all staff truly care about each and every student.

Tumbleweed Elementary School
1100 East Avenue R-4, Palmdale, CA  93550
Last modified Tumbleweed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tumbleweed Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top