K-8|Private

Bad
Good

The preschool director is totally OVERconfident. I sent my son there last year and she didn't want to listen to anything you said and think she knew everything, in fact, she has no idea nor she cares! As long as she has the control to play the game. It seemed she keeps a close relationship with certain teacher but she didn't care the student at all. I sent my son to public school this year so I can stop wasting my money.

I have had my child at the school for 2 years now and could not be happier. They teach self-discipline, outstanding academics, and the after school programs are fun.

My daughter only join this school less than one month and she loves the school and teachers. I really wish I can let her continue Kinder class after preschool, but I really hate the uniform policy. Overall, this is a really good school.

I have sent my daughter here for years! She loves it as well as the new principle! She is now very eager to learn and even doing homework is FUN to her! Plus, the middle school is fantastic!!!

So far I can only comment on the preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. a Day at Challenger is very structured, the kids know what activity comes next and they like it. So much music and art incorporated into learning around themes, but also strong on basics like letters, sounds and numbers.

Okay school. I didn't really like it. I sent my son there because his private school wasn't very good in curriculum so I sent him there because he was failing for lack of homework. First I was happy with the school but then I realized it didn't have many extra-curriculars. This disappointed me and also their standards aren't exactly what I expected. They pile you with 7 hours of homework or so! I recommend public school actually, if your child is smart then they should go to a public school with AP classes for the best of their education. Over an OK school. Staff and faculty are very nice.

Update to my 11/25/05 review. With a few more years under our belts, my opinion of this environment has soured. It is perfect for self-motivated, visual-learning orientated students. However, my younger child is a kinesthetic learner, and the curriculum, teachers, and administrators are either unwilling or unable to reach out and teach these children. If you have a child who learns aurally or kinesthetically, this is not a good environment for them.

I am a parent of a 3-yr preschooler. We are extremely happy with every aspect of our child's educational experience. He is excited every day about his learning experiences. The curriculum is varied and interesting. The school encourages learning at the child's pace. We are especially impressed with the extraordinary quality of the pre-school principal, who has been very responsive with every question we have made. We have heard only strong compliments of the school and teachers from other parents.

My child has attended the Middlefield campus for 6 years. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of the program and its staff, the emphasis on setting high yet reasonable expectations for the students, and the overall organized, safe environment at the school. My child is excited to go to school every day. I would highly recommend this school for children who are excited about learning and highly motivated.

I think school is great but I have very serious concern with the directors there. My son is going there for 8 months, but now I am planning pull out my son. My decision is mainly because of the behavior of the director. The staff there lacks complete professionalism. They think they are doing social Service and we are sending our kids there for free.

Last modified Challenger - Middlefield is a Private school that serves grades K-8