Posted October 05, 2014
Our son diagnosed dyslexic was in Public school setting and was getting frustrated with large class room setting and learnin. School was extremely supportive and gave extra help etc but he struggled. After doing lot of research, we chose to move him to Sandhill school last year. He has there little over a year and we see a huge improvement in his learning, confidence and personality. Their approach of using small class room size with two teachers and even smaller reading and math groups coupled with incredible staff with creative ways to figure out what is best way to teach kids works best for kids with learning differences.

Sand Hill School at Children's Health Council 4

Posted September 23, 2014
Sand Hill School has completely changed the academic and social development experience for our son! He was struggling in public school because its one method for delivering education did not mesh with how our son learns. It was affecting his self-esteem and his relationships with other kids. We have seen a huge transformation in how he now approaches the work, approaches friendships and takes responsibility! The community is fabulous, the teachers caring. The fact that it is also tied to the Children's Health Council means that other services we need are integrated into the experience.

Posted September 21, 2014
Children's Health Council~ My son has been attending Sand Hill School . He also has had a full mental, emotional and social evaluation upstairs in The Center. We have learned valuable information which would have been tough to acquire elsewhere. We are very happy to be more aware of him and his needs. We work hard to help him, but we needed and still need the help of much of what CHC offers in order to have gotten to this point; a stepping off point to addressing the issues he faces. Fortunately, we know what to try to address now. They have the right combination of people and resources to help us progress and perhaps transition to public school one day. My wife and I love the services and protection CHC provides our son. The classroom size, the smaller reading and math groups, the incredible staff and approaches they use at SHS set it apart. The issues CHC can identify and address help us to do the best for our child. I am biased, but I have proof of the quality provided and that is all I need to endorse this great organization. -PeterO

Posted September 20, 2014
When my son started Sand Hill last year, he had low self esteem and hated going to school. He was lost in the crowd of his 30 kid / 1 teacher public school classroom. Not to mention completely lost socially on the school yard amongst hundreds of kids. In the classroom he was preoccupied with his various distraction techniques to manage his anxiety or filter out the noise and chaos overwhelming his sensory system. As a result, very little learning was able to take place. And though he had teachers who cared about him, they and I were unsupported by administration in ways to help him. To have to put your sweet and intelligent child into an environment where he is misunderstood and flailing to survive academically, socially, and emotionally on a daily basis, it is one of the worst feelings as a parent. And to now have him at Sand Hill School, in an environment of love and support with people who are lifting him up and helping him to learn, grow, and thrive, it brings tears to my eyes! I feel so lucky to have my son at this school! If you have a child suffering with learning difficulties and the public school environment is not working for them, check out Sand Hill School.

Sand Hill School at Children's Health Council 3

Posted August 05, 2013
On the plus side, class size and teacher:child ratio are excellent, parents are very supportive, and social curriculum is strong. On the downside, teacher turnover is rampant and accommodations for working parents are abysmal.

Sand Hill School at Children's Health Council
650 Clark Way, Palo Alto, CA  94304
Last modified Sand Hill School at Children's Health Council is a Private school that serves grades K-4
Sand Hill School at Children's Health Council Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top