Palo Alto, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 16, 2013
Excellent school. Just pulled my son out of the public school in Palo Alto because they were just skipping over him to get the material covered. At Gideon Hausner each child is supported and given lots of attention and challenges to learn and master the curriculum. Nice ratio---2 teachers for 20 or so students. He also likes the jewish studies, hebrew, movement, art, p.e. and music program. He feels successful and capable of learning now.

Posted August 15, 2011
I loved my nine years as a student at Gideon Hausner. Most of my teachers were exceptional: always reaching out to the students, clearly passionate about their work, and challenging the students to reach their full potentials. The science program was a particular highlight of my experience there; the labs and projects engaged me and inspired me to be curious about everything around me. Furthermore, despite my past complaints about the stress put on Jewish and Hebrew learning, I now feel fortunate to have grown up in a community where Jewish values were used throughout school. Finally, the small size of my grade allowed me to become a tightly knit family with my classmates and feel comfortable getting individual help from each of my teachers, although I didn't always enjoy the social dynamic what with having so few kids.

Posted May 10, 2009
I love this school. It may be small, but it's awesome! I learn so much every day. Also, the seventh grade has a program where we work together to raise money and allocate it to several non-profit organization. I think that this is amazing. With this class, Hebrew class, and Jewish Studies, we learn so much about our religion and language. Aside from the Jewish part of Hausner, we (the students) have a great time in the other subjects. Science is especially awesome. We do so many hands-on projects and experiments, and don't worry if you are easily grossed out :-), there are plenty of things for every body. All of the teachers are so nice and very approachable. Overall, Hausner really is an amazing school and I am so glad that I have been going here!

Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School 4

Posted November 03, 2008
I've been at Hausner since Kindergarten and have gotten a little tired of the closeness of my class mates and the Jewish Curriculum. The middle school program is very fun and is based around projects. It is very challenging though.

Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School 0

Posted May 23, 2008
The school is almost an ideal place for kids, teachers and parents. Kids are encouraged to think and express their own ideas within a small, very warm and friendly environment. The kids are friendly to parents as well as each other and noticably respectful, especially when compared with kids in public middle schools in Palo Alto. Ethical considerations are emphasized, not only interwoven in the cirriculum but also on the playground. on the

Posted January 19, 2008
Exceptional faculty and project based curriculum. Warm community.

Posted September 04, 2007
I am in eighth grade at GHJDS, and I have been going here since Kindergarden. I have made great friends here, and the teachers really interact with the students on a personal level. I think that i have gotten the best education here, and want whoever is reading this to know what a great school this is.

Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School
450 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA  94306
Last modified Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top