Paradise, CA

Ponderosa Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2013
Excellent staff starting with the principal. We came from a nearby charter school and found the excellect education for our children here at a public school. Absolutly the best kindergarten teachers around (we have 4 kids). There is a positive feeling at this school, teachers and parents are friendly and positive. It's great that people still greet each other with "Good Morning" and how are you! Great school for special needs also...again, starting with the principal and carried out by every teacher on this campus. Great Job Ponderosa!

Posted January 24, 2012
The teachers I've had the pleasure of working with have been excellent. The fourth grade does an overnight trip to Sutter's Fort and I believe this is a fantastic way to have students really get to know about the history by reliving the experience!

Posted October 26, 2011
We've had our daughter here since 2nd grade. She's had fantastic teachers here especially for 2nd and 4th grade. The support staff and principal are wonderful and the school is very committed to raising the academic standards for the whole school. The staff are warm and welcoming and very professional. Their partnership with the Boys and Girls club is a great strength of the school. We love Ponderosa!

Posted November 23, 2009
We love Ponderosa!!! We moved out of state, but Ponderosa will always have a place in our heart. We have had some of the most amazing teachers and my children will cherish them for the rest of their lives! Mr. Taylor, the pricipal, and is a very happy and warm person to have around the school. My daughter loved him.

Posted November 19, 2006
Absolutley fabulous school! The teachers there are fantastic, with friendly staff and great students. I'll always remember the experience I had in Ponderosa as a former student. Kudo's to you guys!

Ponderosa Elementary School 5

Posted October 11, 2006
Ponderosa is a wonderful school. It has a great principal and staff members. It has a wonderful library and the staff are always willing to help. You can't go wrong with this school

Ponderosa Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2006
Would have preferred to have had a teacher call when my child's grades went down because they were concerned as well. Not enough classroom help/direction for assignments, more like 'they should know'. Principal and Vice Principal get kudos though. However, I am very concerned about class sizes increasing to a point where my child may suffer.

Ponderosa Elementary School 2

Posted December 31, 2005
This school is ok. Not as many opportunities for art and music as I would have liked.

Posted April 29, 2005
Over the past few years Ponderosa has been trying to make changes in it's academic programs to better benefit the children and help meet the variety of needs. The community has a variety of sports programs for the kids to participate in. The school is trying it's best to keep it's band program going for the kids who like this. They encourage parent involvement and are always willing to listen to any comments the parents may have in regards to their childs education.

Ponderosa Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2004
Negative attitudes from staff. Not a real friendly or helpful environment overall. Academics could be more challenging.

Ponderosa Elementary School
6593 Pentz Rd, Paradise, CA  95969
Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top