Paramount, CA

Leona Jackson School 5

Posted November 15, 2013
well i go to this school all of the people there are always nice and friendly the electives are fun and are easy but challenging i like this school

Posted August 20, 2013
Jackson is a very bad school I enroll their and saw bad behaviors in the school, and see a lot of bullying in the school the staff who patrols the students don't even do a thing they should have more staffs and lockers so I can store my stuff rather than carrying them. More likely there have been fewer field trips and fewer events in the school. Also there have been bullying in the school and the staffs and teachers don't even do a thing. The teachers don't come out to recess to look at the student if they are doing bad behavior or not. Parents do not enroll any students to that school !

Posted October 17, 2012
I see all the oppositive of what I was informed. I have ALL positive input of L. Jackson. Staff is outstanding, from the parking lot, security, administration and the STAR coordinators. My first year with my 4th grader daughter and the resources and communication offered by teacher are great! Look forward in growing with this school and seeing MORE resources and involvement from other parents! thank you

Posted November 17, 2010
My daughter is new 1st week there she seem to like the school so far how ever we do need to get her enrolled into an after school program because I am a single working mom until 5pm each week day mon-fri

Posted April 22, 2010
this is the worst school my daughter has went to! there is so many staff but for what if they dont even do anything! there are so many fights there and the people that fight go back to school! i as a parent will not let my child attend this school! i think it is not safe for any kid!

Posted January 13, 2010

Leona Jackson School 3

Posted October 09, 2009
I agree with the field trips and after school comments below (probably could be helped with some fund raising activities), but I feel the school has made improvements. I went to the Open House last month and there was a lot of parents who participated. The teached and principal seemed to care about the students.

Posted September 03, 2009
yes i belive that this school isnt giving much of field trips and extra things, but i believe that it isnt their fault, infact isnt it the economic crisis, not only has jackosn fallen into this but so have many paramount k-8 schools. I would say that this school is progressing in some way, they have know offered electives and have added a helping class for students who have fallen behind. I strongly feel that Jackson is at its best.

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted February 28, 2009
no good funds,lack of respect for students,and teachers do not care about students education

Leona Jackson School
7220 Jackson Street, Paramount, CA  90723
Last modified Leona Jackson School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leona Jackson School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top