Bad
Good

Posted June 23, 2013
I used to go to this school, I lived in Paramount for 22 years ..wish my kids went there

Posted August 16, 2010
Mokler is a great school. My 3 daughters are enrolled in the school and this pass year 2010 all 3 achieve best attendance. They just can t wait to get to school and see all of their friend s, teachers, and principal. They have a good learning environment. One of my daughters and I, we are very happy with Mrs. Naples. She truly helps my daughter look at school in a fun way and thought her how to achieve higher. We are truly tank full for all her calls and all her fallowing up and all of the meetings she held with us as parents. It has helped us get involve more in school and with our children s learning. Thank you Veronica G.

Major Lynn Mokler School 4

Posted March 25, 2009
I attend Mokler School and I must say that this school is an excellent school. My report card came in (not to long ago) with all 4's and one 3. The subject i recieved a 3 in was Algebra 1. I thought it was a hard subject but i still passed. The teachers here are great. They teach, they're social, they relate to us, and they try to understand us. Everytime our class misbehaves, they stop and talk to us (sometime speeches) but everytime they do that, it moves me. It also motivates me to learn as much as i could. Sometimes i feel angry when I don't understand something but when i raise my hand, i understand things much better. My teachers Mr. Gonzalez, Ms. Hoppes, Mr. Guitron, Mr. Boynton, and Ms. Griffith are my heroes. They have taught me well and I would like to thank them. -Yoly G.

Posted March 04, 2009
I am very pleased with the support and teaching ability of my son's teacher, Mrs. Ochoa. She has worked with him not only with his studies but is also someone he goes to talk with. She is always available to answer my questions about my son and also works with the staff to ensure all of his needs are being met. The Principal and Vice Principal as well as the Counselor are all very supportive and eager to speak with me whenever needed. They are wonderful. I feel good knowing my son is getting the support and patience he needs to succeed. Thank you!

Posted March 03, 2009
I go to that school and i have mrs.Monroe. I love her so much

Posted January 02, 2009
Great school i attended the teachers are really supportive ever need some one on one ask for help and they'll be there my principle had much control of it was an amazing year i promoted with a medal saying i was Mrs.Mokler of 2007 now i attend mayfair high thanks to mokler i have straight a's I love Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!!! oh im not being forced write this

Major Lynn Mokler School 1

Posted October 04, 2008
I think this school needs to improve more. The students aren't being encouraged to do well in the class, they are not even motivated to ask questions and they seem to know nothing. I think this school needs to change its appearance and change its rules, it makes me sad as a student that these kids aren't getting the education they are yearning for.

Major Lynn Mokler School 1

Posted August 20, 2008
I am very disappointed in the leadership at this school. I feel parents are not appreciated and are considered a bother. As a teacher I need the support of parents and the support of the administration. I am left to take all the blame when test scores are not high enough. When can I just teach.

Posted August 17, 2005
My son just started and so far I do not like his teacher nor some of the rules of the school. I am hoping that it gets better but only time will tell. I was sad that the principal was not present when we dropped off our children on the first day to just be there for moral support and to introduce herself to the children and parents. The school did not hold any type of orientation so I did not meet the teacher until the first day of school (though I tried to meet earlier but to no avail). We shall see what the next few days hold in store for us...we may be switching schools, districts, or trying something new alltogether.

Posted February 02, 2005
School seems slow to improve, needs to work faster on improvements.

8571 East Flower Street, Paramount, CA  90723-4378
Last modified Major Lynn Mokler School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.