Posted July 30, 2014
This school is great I've been going there over the summer and looks great! They have new building such as the field house where they have class rooms, trophy hall, equipment room, locker rooms, band room, wrestling room, and a weight room! They also have the new C.T.E. building where they have the medical class room the technology room and it think the engineering class rooms. This school is great many people underestimate it but when they go in they see great things!

Posted April 17, 2014
My school has a great team of sports enthusiasts, consisting of students, teachers, coaches, and parents. The comraderie is infectious and has had the greatest impact on the performance of all involved. I think everyone should know about Paramount High School sports program and the outstanding job the coaches do of leading the teams of athletes. The School's campus track is virtually new and an excellent venue for track meets and other sports. The teams work together to keep the campus unblemished. The sports program has inspired the youth in their development to strive for better and to remember sportmanship. Improvement would be to encourage more youth to join the sports program at the school, which enhances development overall.

Posted August 22, 2013
School Stadium, gymnasiums was recently upgraded, looks like a College Stadium..Most improved school as far as I'm concerned..The next thing they need to upgrade is their cafeteria food. My daughter says the tacos and salads have no taste and are dried up a does not look fresh. That would be the next thing to upgrade. Menu and cafeteria. My daughter is a Freshman so I'm not sure what the quality of teachers or principals involvement is yet...but she has been in summer school and the tutoring was very good.. so far so good.

Posted July 22, 2013
PHS has been in my family since 1977-81 when my brother attended, then I attended in 1987-91, my daughter is a graduate of 2008-12 etc... I still have children that will be attending soon. So to sum up this is a good school and would recommend to anyone. There aren't many highly rated schools, People check out the ratings, the teachers here really care for the most part, of course there is always that few teachers that might have less inititave than others , but that is anywhere you go. The people that made a bad comment are the one's that probably didn't do well and really didn't care no matter what school they attended or for the parents they weren't going to get involved anyway. So the storyline here it's great and it's getting better as the years pass. Kudos to PHS! Once a Pirate always a Pirate!!!!!

Posted June 14, 2013
Great school. Constantly evolving. Every AP and honors class possible available. Great campus improvement. Solid athletic program and facilities.

Posted August 12, 2012
PHS is the largest high school in the state of California. We have many challenges to face, and we face them head on. I am a teacher there, and this will be my 23rd year teaching on this campus, and I can truly say that each year shows improvement. As a teacher, i care about my students, and they KNOW it, and they want the best for themselves and their future, so they respond to that caring in positive ways. We have THREE "CTE" (career technical education) pathways: health, media design, and engineering in which students can get real-world training for certain careers. We have a thriving JROTC which involves about 300 students. Our sports teams have great facilities to work in and we've had great success in soccer (state champs), track and field, tennis, volleyball, baseball, and ...football is on the upswing. Come visit and see for yourself!

Posted October 09, 2011
after reading some of the comments, i think they are most likely high school drop outs or students that went to phs and failed and blaming others for their irresponsibilities Im from class of 2011. Phs was a great school. gave us the opportunities we needed. supportive teachers. more encouragement to move on and go to a college or university. class of 2011 had one of the largest graduating numbers. more paramount students are going to college. the new construction is going on to have more resources for students. new library new locker rooms new stadium. our soccer boys went CIF two years back to back. this is really a great school.

Paramount High School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
Horrible school the staff is rude. The teachers don't care about the students. The counselors are useless. I left half way 10th grade year to a charter school, best decision I ever made. I'm in college now chasing my dreams.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted December 14, 2009

Paramount High School
14429 South Downey Avenue, Paramount, CA  90723
Last modified Paramount High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paramount High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top