Posted January 16, 2014
Disappointed. I have a 6 year old child that attends this school, who is not a problem child, I always received good reviews from his teachers,who by the way are wonderful teachers, but when it comes to put in complains against staff, no one listens and won't even give me a record of a file complain, too disappointed.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have a cousin Aaron D. Barrow Walker that attends Harry Wirtz Elementary School. My cousin has been very bless in achieving certain learning goals. He's a forth grader now, just last week I attended a ceremony which my cousin received a ribbon and certificate for the star test. I'm really impress with staff and the new Principal. I also went to Open House and was very impress with Aaron's Teacher Mrs. Eugenio.

Posted May 20, 2013
I am very disappointed this school has no 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony. I feel children deserve this special day.

Posted September 13, 2012
Great school Mrs. Leon Mrs. Reno have been such great teachers love it with there new drive thru there after school programs are great.....

Posted March 08, 2012
As an ex student i can say this school has given me so many memories , i love this school .....................

Posted July 26, 2011
If you are involved in your child's education, this will be a great school for your children. Even though they may not have the best facilities or available programs, They do have a terrific and caring staff. I would much rather have better teachers and administrators than an occasional Christmas Play or freshly painted building. We have to realize that the Paramount School district is "Its Own District". There was a greater need at the High School and that has been addressed and it is only a matter of time before "Wirtz" gets its turn. This is a great school with great teachers who will help your child achieve. BUT... we as parents have to do our part and teach our children how to apply themselves. The teachers are not the parents nor are they babysitters. If your child does not apply themselves in school... Then it's time for parents to step up and add a little discipline in your child's life and take away that X-Box or TV. The habits our children learn at 5 years old can last a lifetime.... OK, i'm done ranting...

Posted June 22, 2011
Mr. Caruso, Mr. Nelson, Ms. Garcia and the rest of this staff is awesome. Transfer your kids here from your expensive private school. They'll get a better education. Long live school uniforms!!!

Posted September 30, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009
Cons: The location of the school is in a terrible location. Which right across from a refinery VERY BAD choice of location for a school. Since the new principal has taken over there have been less programs for the kids and for parent nights, worst of all there was no xmas show last year. Im not familiar with who makes the program decisions but with the previous principal Mr. San Miguel I believe was his name, there where alot of parent & child programs or activities. I don't see that happening since the new principal took over. Lunch is the worse, I ask my kid every day what she gets for lunch, i can see what's on the menu but she tells me that sometimes the food runs out and they an alternative lunch, for ex: one time they ran out of hot dogs and (CONTINUED...)

Posted October 31, 2008
I am really impressed with this school. The school buildings are old and run down, but the staff and students are great! The principal is kind and fair. The assistant principal is friendly. The counselor has helped many of our friends and families in the neighborhood. My children love attending there and have wonderful, caring teachers.

Harry Wirtz Elementary School
8535 Contreras Street, Paramount, CA  90723
Last modified Harry Wirtz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry Wirtz Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top