Posted March 19, 2014
What a wonderful school! I am so happy with the way things run there, my child is learning so much and has adapted there with such ease, learning fast and smoothly. The teachers are so nice and nurturing, and the administration shows true care and acknowledgment of the program, teachers, children and their parents, and facilities. I LOVE this "CHILD'S GARDEN OF LEARNING!

Posted March 18, 2014
My daughter is in San Marino Montessori school (Preschool)from 2 months and really after these two months I can see how different she is now .now she can understand and speak more English ( as we are not USA citizen).she also start to write letters and know words for each letter. Her teacher miss Sandra is an amazing teacher and she knows how to give them the information in a very simple way. I highly recommend the San Marino school .

Posted September 25, 2013
This is an excellent school. The staff and teachers are great with the kids and they get a leg up on the education system next to what the LA Unified School District can offer. I highly recoomend this school!

Posted July 23, 2013
My school is great!!! I'm a grandparent here, and truly, for the great service and true care they dedicate to our children, they should higher their tuition a notch, though I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm paying now, given the current global economic situation we're all in. I recommend this school in a blink of an eye!

Posted May 02, 2013
Great School!!! If you're looking for the best program for your child, THIS IS IT! It is wise and to your benefit, to disregard negative ratings, it's obvious they were written by unhappy personnel, or anyone looking to get out of the contract, which is REALLY a reasonable one, compared to any other private and/or MONTESSORI schools, given their EXCELLENT program and personnel... All teachers in the school are state-of-the-art qualified and beyond, and the Management/Administration runs with such ease and control. The communication is always clear and Parents as well as Students are ALWAYS taken care of... Teachers too! The maintenance and cleanliness are impeccable I would have LOVED to be in their schools when I was a child :) Simply the best!!!

Posted October 05, 2012
I have two children at this school and couldn't be happier with the level of education and care my children are getting. I have one in Preschool and another in 1st grade. My oldest started out there at 3 years old and we decided to try a PUSD school for Kindergarten. That was a learning experience. We brought her back to this school for summer and 1st grade and her demeanor changed back to the bright, sweet girl she had always been. All the teachers know both my children by name and are genuinely invested and concerned with them and their education. Frankly, for the attention they are receiving and the level of learning, the price can't be beat. Those other reviews that talk about it being a business and nickel and diming us, I just don't agree. My only complaint is that unfortunately enrollment is down and I'm now trying to find another school beyond 1st grade. If there were enough students enrolled there through 8th grade I would keep my kids there all the way through. For parents who work full time, this school is fantastic. When she was at public school, I could not keep up with the demands for volunteering in the classroom, lunch room, playground, etc. SMM is great.

San Marino Montessori School 1

Posted June 23, 2012
This school functions as a business rather than as a school. The priority of the owners of this school is to make as much money as possible without getting closed down by licensing. They have numerous citations from state licensing and there are valid reasons for those complaints. I have personally spent time in all of the classrooms at this site and only, maybe, 20% of the teachers are competent and do their job appropriately. The reviews of this school from parents who are happy with the program are highly likely to be because the parents don't know any better; don't know about the field of child development and what a good school SHOULD be. Many of the teachers employed at this site, and at the other Victory Montessori Schools are NOT Montessori Certified. The absolute worst classroom at this school currently is the two year old classroom. The teachers in that class are VERY lazy, rude to the other staff, administration, and the children, and the diapering practices in that class are ATROCIOUS! I've been on the inside and seen the real happenings of this school and I would NEVER enroll my own children at this school, even if they were offered a full scholarship. It's awful!

Posted April 09, 2012
I have all three of my boys in this school and do not have one complaint. The teachers and administration is great! They are always doing little extra around the school, which sets them apart from other schools. Last week they did an Easter egg hunt, and a few weeks before that they hosted a trike-a-thon event. In my opinion this is a best school and I plan on having my boys stay here through 8th grade.

San Marino Montessori School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
Horrible, They will nickel and dime you for everything. Please review you statements they make mistakes often. My daughter went here for one year of their pre school program. They automatically enrolled her for the following year without my consent, even though I was open and honest with them that we might not return, since we were moving. When I tried to dis-enroll her they tried to have me pay first and last months tuition plus material fees for the entire year even though my daughter wasn't going to attend which I told them before the school year started. Material fees alone were around $700. I asked the principal what exactly that covered her response was paper, pencils, and markers. What preschooler uses $700 worth or paper and pencils!?! Thats $700 per student...Dont bother there are several other montesorri school that are better!

Posted January 27, 2012
I am so happy I found this school! I just enrolled my son in their twos class, and my older daughter who is in third grade. Their Upper elementary is not Montessori, but its still a wonderfully flexible school with a great curriculum. What sold me on this school was all of the extras they offer during the day, like computer and music, it just does not compare to other schools. The staff is caring, and the office is very helpful. So far, so good.

San Marino Montessori School
444 South Sierra Madre Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
Last modified San Marino Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
San Marino Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top