Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 10, 2015
as it is a preschool and pre-k for our children, we are not experiencing the homework question just yet.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
I will strongly agree with honesty and integrity but I am not sure that fairness normally enters the equation.

San Marino Montessori School 4

Posted June 10, 2015
We have two children who are both attending this school. I believe that my two-year-old has a more difficult time at the school as they really do not seem to specialize in that age group. They already expect the young children to be fairly self-sufficient. My son was pretty close to being potty trained but seems to have been set-back by being in a class where there are specified times to use the bathroom. On the other hand, my daughter had a wonderful teacher, Ms. Sanjuana, who was patient and encouraging. She recognizes that children will not always react the same to any given situation and seems to adapt to what the child needs. I look foward to having my son in her class next year. Also, a good word for their after-school activities. Both their ballet and sports classes were a hit with our kids!

Posted March 19, 2014
What a wonderful school! I am so happy with the way things run there, my child is learning so much and has adapted there with such ease, learning fast and smoothly. The teachers are so nice and nurturing, and the administration shows true care and acknowledgment of the program, teachers, children and their parents, and facilities. I LOVE this "CHILD'S GARDEN OF LEARNING!

Posted March 18, 2014
My daughter is in San Marino Montessori school (Preschool)from 2 months and really after these two months I can see how different she is now .now she can understand and speak more English ( as we are not USA citizen).she also start to write letters and know words for each letter. Her teacher miss Sandra is an amazing teacher and she knows how to give them the information in a very simple way. I highly recommend the San Marino school .

Posted September 25, 2013
This is an excellent school. The staff and teachers are great with the kids and they get a leg up on the education system next to what the LA Unified School District can offer. I highly recoomend this school!

Posted July 23, 2013
My school is great!!! I'm a grandparent here, and truly, for the great service and true care they dedicate to our children, they should higher their tuition a notch, though I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm paying now, given the current global economic situation we're all in. I recommend this school in a blink of an eye!

Posted May 02, 2013
Great School!!! If you're looking for the best program for your child, THIS IS IT! It is wise and to your benefit, to disregard negative ratings, it's obvious they were written by unhappy personnel, or anyone looking to get out of the contract, which is REALLY a reasonable one, compared to any other private and/or MONTESSORI schools, given their EXCELLENT program and personnel... All teachers in the school are state-of-the-art qualified and beyond, and the Management/Administration runs with such ease and control. The communication is always clear and Parents as well as Students are ALWAYS taken care of... Teachers too! The maintenance and cleanliness are impeccable I would have LOVED to be in their schools when I was a child :) Simply the best!!!

Posted October 05, 2012
I have two children at this school and couldn't be happier with the level of education and care my children are getting. I have one in Preschool and another in 1st grade. My oldest started out there at 3 years old and we decided to try a PUSD school for Kindergarten. That was a learning experience. We brought her back to this school for summer and 1st grade and her demeanor changed back to the bright, sweet girl she had always been. All the teachers know both my children by name and are genuinely invested and concerned with them and their education. Frankly, for the attention they are receiving and the level of learning, the price can't be beat. Those other reviews that talk about it being a business and nickel and diming us, I just don't agree. My only complaint is that unfortunately enrollment is down and I'm now trying to find another school beyond 1st grade. If there were enough students enrolled there through 8th grade I would keep my kids there all the way through. For parents who work full time, this school is fantastic. When she was at public school, I could not keep up with the demands for volunteering in the classroom, lunch room, playground, etc. SMM is great.

San Marino Montessori School 1

Posted June 23, 2012
This school functions as a business rather than as a school. The priority of the owners of this school is to make as much money as possible without getting closed down by licensing. They have numerous citations from state licensing and there are valid reasons for those complaints. I have personally spent time in all of the classrooms at this site and only, maybe, 20% of the teachers are competent and do their job appropriately. The reviews of this school from parents who are happy with the program are highly likely to be because the parents don't know any better; don't know about the field of child development and what a good school SHOULD be. Many of the teachers employed at this site, and at the other Victory Montessori Schools are NOT Montessori Certified. The absolute worst classroom at this school currently is the two year old classroom. The teachers in that class are VERY lazy, rude to the other staff, administration, and the children, and the diapering practices in that class are ATROCIOUS! I've been on the inside and seen the real happenings of this school and I would NEVER enroll my own children at this school, even if they were offered a full scholarship. It's awful!

444 South Sierra Madre Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
Last modified San Marino Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
San Marino Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 99 reviews. Top