Pasadena, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 30, 2014
This is the first year at PCS for my son. He is now in the third grade. We couldn't be happier sending our son here. The teachers and staff, and I mean every single one, are some of the nicest and caring people I've ever met. My son is excited to go to school every day. The school is completely gated so I know my son and his schoolmates are safe. My wife and I are so happy that we've found PCS.

Posted June 09, 2014
Our two children attended Pasadena Christian School (PCS) from pre-school through 8th grade. PCS provided them with a solid educational foundation which enabled them to be accepted and succeed at the most challenging high schools. PCS provided a safe, loving and caring environment for them to grow up in. They have a great after school program which is a necessity for working parents. PCS also provided many opportunities for our children to experience art, music, computers, being a part of an athletic team, community service and the world outside of PCS through field trips--the 8th graders take an amazing 10 day trip to the East Coast. The school is constantly looking for ways to improve things (curriculum, facilities etc.) and the Parent Teacher Fellowship (ie. PTA) provides fun family events to bring school families together (ie. Fall Festival and Christmas Breakfast). Our children and family have truly been blessed by PCS. We highly recommend it!!!

Pasadena Christian School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
PCS is more than just academic. They focus on growing our child to be a well rounded, kind-hearted, and thoughtful person that will benefit the world around him with his character. They are Christ-centered in such a way that teaches our son how to incorporate God's grace, love, and discipline in the real world. I know that my child will experience the myriad of challenges that come naturally in childhood, but I am glad that PCS provides a nurturing and safe environment for him to thrive and learn. I know life long friendships are being formed. Not only between the children, but with the wonderful parents as well. PCS is not perfect (they will even tell you that), but they are always striving to do better and are serious about making a lasting investment in our son. The admin staff are kind, understanding and available. The teachers are caring and the ratios very low. The music, PE, Art, and instrumental music programs are stellar. Our son loves going to school every day!

Posted March 30, 2012
Like most parents, we toured all the best local schools in search of finding the right fit. Despite all the great choices to select from, Pasadena Christian School (PCS) always remained top of mind not just because of the outstanding academic programs offered, but because of the way they made us feel. PCS was the first to respond with an invitation to attend the preschool. It s been three years since we officially joined the PCS family and we couldn t be happier. Our daughter continues to grow and thrive in this special environment which compliments and supports our faith. We continue to be impressed by how much she's learned. Our teachers are skilled at using unconventional means to teach. There are lessons to be learned in the garden, on stage and even from repurposed card board boxes. This approach to teaching has worked for our daughter. We appreciate that our daughter is not just a number on the student roster. Many of the teachers know her by name, even our principles. Every morning, our daughter is greeted with a smile. Every morning reminds us of their promise to partner with us, and help her fulfill her unique plan and purpose. We've chosen wisely.

Posted February 14, 2012
I found Pasadena Christian (PCS) to be a blessing to my family. We had come from a small town and were so concerned about our childrens safety and well-being but PCS put our fears to rest. My children are well-rounded individuals with wonderful memories of friends, teachers and activities.

Posted February 13, 2012
Nine years has gone by so fast. We started at Pasadena Christian School with a little girl and finished with a Beautiful young woman! The faculty and staff at PCS had a big part in that! Our time at PCS has been truly blessed. The Whan's Pete , Lisa and Elizabeth Class of 2011

Posted February 10, 2012
As parents of children with different talents, our family searched for a school that not only reinforced the Christian morals and values that we instilled but offered a challenging and differentiated academic environment. After educating our family at Pasadena Christian School for more than twelve years, we discovered that our expectations were not only met but exceeded! Pasadena Christian School offers a reasonable priced Christ-centered program with high academic standards that encouraged our children to excel in music, art, public speaking, athletics, technology and foreign language. Following our children s middle school graduations, they were equipped to attend the best college preparatory high schools in our area.

Posted February 09, 2012
I am an alumni that graduated in 1999. All four of my siblings were fortunate enough to attend PCS. The fundamentals I learned in Math, Science, English, IT (Computers), and most importantly... how to build relationships that last a lifetime greatly benefitted me throughout High School, College, Graduate School, and my professional career. I met one of my best friend s in 2nd grade in Mrs. Gallego s class. We still are in constant contact and he will be the best man at my wedding. When you are choosing a school, I know academics are important (and they are at PCS), but what your child will learn at PCS is how to develop relationships. This is a skill that will always have a lasting impact on their lives.

Posted February 07, 2012
PCS has provided a higher quality education than our local public K-8 school would have been able to offer, plus specific teachers for art, music (instrumental and choral), PE, computer, library, public speaking, Spanish, student support (emerging needs), etc. I like that our Christian values at home are being reinforced by the teachers and vast majority of our kids' classmates. So far, our kids have loved (not liked, LOVED) every one of their teachers through the years. Our experience has been that the teachers have gone out of their ways to work with our childrens' struggles and our family's circumstances. Periodic surveys of families guide decisions, so the administration's making a priority of listening to parents and making adjustments. Online access to grades, homework & communications makes it easier to keep on top of what's going on at school. Plenty of field trips & special fun days keep our kids excited about showing up at school. Nice variety of melanin, culture, $, interests, talents, etc. among the student body. I believe that PCS has been a great match for our kids.

Posted February 02, 2012
We are very pleased to be a part of PCS. My daughter started the preschool just before she turned 3 and is now in the 1st grade. The preschool offers a good quality program and the staff is very kind and loving toward the children. However, I do wish the pre-k classroom were structured more like a kindergarten class instead of a preschool class. My son is currently enrolled in the preschool and is thriving. There are 3 teachers in the classroom and they are all wonderful. First grade has been such a wonderful and positive experience for my daughter. Her teacher has allowed her to shine in areas where she was unsure of herself in the past. She has also consistently provided a nurturing and caring attitude towards my child whether the situation were positive or negative. The school also offers a terrific music program. Children as young as first grade are allowed to participate and take violin lessons before school. The music teacher is great and genuinely cares about the students. My daughter is doing quite well with her violin lessons. Overall, the school continues to improve in all it has to offer. While there is no perfect school, it is the perfect school for us.

Pasadena Christian School
1515 North Los Robles Avenue, Pasadena, CA  91104
Last modified Pasadena Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Pasadena Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top