K
Pasadena, CA

Posted August 24, 2011
I couldn't be more impressed with this school. After pulling my son out of another preschool that I just wasn't overly happy with, he started Our School with the summer program in June. After 2 weeks he knows his entire alphabet and can count to 20 - his love for learning has completely blossomed along with his personality. He absolutely loves going to school everyday - which makes me feel so great when I drop him off every morning. Also, the swim class is a must! It is well worth the money! The school is very traditional & they expect the children to be well behaved. I was very hesitant on this as my son is a little on the wild/energetic side and I didn't know how this would mesh. He has completely thrived in this environment. He is very well behaved and he likes the clear boundaries and expectations that the school creates. Again, I couldn't be happier with this school and look forward to sending our younger son there when he is ready.

Posted August 17, 2011
The negative comments here are curious, but every one is entitled to their opinion. As for my children, I can't say enough great things about Our School and the staff. The director in particular is wonderful and approachable, and worked with me when a special need came about. All of the teachers at Our School are great and my children have developed their skills, and personality in amazing ways during their time at Our School. Our School stresses old-fashioned values, and maybe these values do not match some of the more liberal parents, but I loved my entire timmy children spent at Our School. Sending my children to Our School was worth the money!

Our School 3

Posted February 19, 2011
The reason why I am not giving Our School a higher rating: 1) For the amount of money that I pay for my kids to attend, I feel that the school takes advantage of holiday time off. I have friend's whose kids also go to private pre-schools, and it always seems as though my kids have more time off. In the summer, Our School shuts down for 2 weeks, that I am obligated to pay tuition. Same thing with Christmas. Most private pre-schools closes for a week, Our School closes for 2 weeks! In today's economy, it is such a struggle for me to afford tuition and having to pay for a sitter! 2) I had a whole paragraph on favoritism, but will leave it at this since there is a 1200 character limit. 3) There are 5 teachers at Our School, but 2 of the 5 are questionable. Of the 2, one of them does not even seem to even like kids. She has such a stale personality. Mrs. Moore, the kindergarten teacher is the best! She has such patience and a wonderful knack in teaching. She is also the swim instructor... such an amazing program! Because of Mrs. Moore, it was the reason why I chose to stay with Our School.

Posted June 17, 2010
Finding a great school for your child can be challenging for any parent. There are always so many questions a parent has: Will my child receive the best instruction in academics, inner discipline, extra curricular activities, social development, and still have a great time everyday. This school offers all this and so much more. I have 2 children(one graduated and one current) and know many kids who received their early education from this school. They are all doing exceptionally well. The older child has done exceptionally well in both private and public school settings and my 4 year old is thriving in all developmental areas. He comes home from school happy, proud of his achievements and giggles about his memories of play time with his friends. Having a solid foundation from this school gives me confidence that he will be great in his life.

Posted March 07, 2010
I have two children that went to Our School. We absolutely love the school. The child to teacher ratio is small which makes it nice for learning. The teachers and the Director of the school really know each of the students and they help them to develop to their full potential. They really prepare the children for elementary school, if it s either in a private or public school environment. My oldest is in 1st grade at one of the top private schools in the area and is doing so well due to the preparation he received from the Our School staff. I also enjoyed the extra activities that were offered to the children. Both my boys took computer and swim lessons at the school and loved them both. The swim instructor is absolutely amazing!! I would highly recommend the school!!

Posted January 13, 2010
My daughter goes to Our School Pasadena and we can't say enough positive things about this school!! She started there at 21/2 and now has been there for 1 year. We love every aspect, from the teachers, how clean and neat everything is, how organized, and the parent participation is great! Once I stepped foot in this school I knew it was the right place for my daughter. They really know how to balance play and learning as well as making learning fun! My daughter always comes home in a good mood and never wants to go home. The student/teacher ratio is small as well which helps to give every student the time and attention needed!

Our School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
I have 2 children that went to our school from age 2 to 6. They both just transitioned into an elementary school this year and are doing AMAZINGLY well due to the preparation they got from all the Our School staff. One thing I can say about Our school that makes them stand out is that they truly LOVE working with children and I always felt that they were not just taught good habits socially and academically but that they were LOVED. The structure that the kids get sets them up to succeed in any elementary setting. Another plus about Our school is that they have a TRULY AMAZING swim program in the summer where the kids are swimming everyday and become pool safe so early on. Our School was and is an Outstanding school!

Our School 0

Posted November 17, 2008
This is an outstanding school. I had a son and daughter who went there from 2 years old through Kindergarten. This is not a 'baby sitting' situation. The kids are actually taught age appropriate work. Great owners and administrators. Really prepared my kids for elementary school.

Posted May 22, 2008
Both of my sons attended Our School with amazing results. Both were accepted to every private school we applied to for Kindergarten, which were the top 5 schools in the area. The owners are longtime educators, parents and caregivers. We could not have asked for anything more. The swim program is phenomenal and Mrs. Moore is an a very gifted teacher. The cost of the lessons are more than worth it! I will always love this school. My sons are now in 5th grade at High Point Academy and a Junior at Loyola High School. You can't do much better than that and I attribute their foundation to Our School.

Our School 4

Posted February 26, 2008
We love our school. My kids each attended from the time they were 2.5 Through pre-k. The owner is the most amazing woman you will ever meet. The entire staff follow her lead and they are all excellent with the kids. Where many schools claim to be developmental, our school really does have the kids reach for their highest potential and is so encouraging and supportive. The only down fall is the lack of gross motor skill development built into the day. They do offer gymanstics and dance, but for a lot of extra money. The very high upside is the swim program. It is awesome! the first time you see your three year old swim the width of the swimming pool by themself is worth all the money in the world, which is about what it'll cost you.

Our School