Blair High School 3

Posted July 29, 2014
"The best kept secret in Pasadena" has that exact phrase painted onto an outer wall of the school, for all to see. Not a very well kept school, not a very well kept secret.

Blair High School 5

Posted August 25, 2013
This school was a really great experience for me. The teachers are wonderful. Also, the school's diversity is amazing. Not only that, it's campus is small compared to other high schools. It's very homely and you know everyone there. The staff is really nice. Although this school has some cons, I still enjoyed it. Thank you Blair!

Posted August 12, 2013
My daughter entered Blair as a 6th grader in 2011. Despite the budget cuts from the State, she has received a quality education at Blair. It s not just her test scores that reflect her learning but the types of projects/assignments she works on and the way she talks about her teachers and what is she is learning in class. Her 6th and 7th grade teachers had great classroom management, were highly organized, resourceful, talented and most important committed to high quality education for the students at Blair. The teaching staff have been extremely supportive and accessible in person and through email. The Vice Principal Mrs. Brambila is an visionary adminstrator with dynamic school leadership. I know there are concerns about the social environment, but with any school, it s about the choices your child makes. We are thankful that our daughter has a good group of friends that she connected with at Blair. Like with any child, parent(s) have to be involved in their childrens education.

Posted August 12, 2012
I feel the school has a lot of potential, if the district would support it more. New Superintendent? I saw him once last year and that was at the beginning of the school year, where he was late for his initial welcome. The teachers here sacrifice a lot to make the students successful, but parents have to realize this is not a daycare facility. So many parents just dump off their students only to later return to pick them up after 6pm? If you ask for a parent teacher conference good luck getting the parent to show. With the funding cuts, I think we are doing well, express your voice and tell the State to quit cutting funds. Leadership includes all that work or attend here, not just the few of us.

Posted March 25, 2012
This place is insane. Im currently in 7th grade on the middle school side and it was worse than last year. There are WAY more random fights, more assemblies on how we need to act, and...there have been 3 teacher assults. My math teacher got punched in the face, the PE teacher got "jumped" by three high school girls, and another one i choose not to say on here... The teachers here are amazing though and im always hearing about new ways to get into great colleges and im only in the 7th grade. They have an IB program and it has already made me realize what im going to do with my life. Its pretty unsafe here and i could explain more on why but im running out out characters to type with. Basically the teachers dont deserve the place and the students on the middle school side dont deserve the undivided attention and sacrafices that the teachers here make. If you want your kid going here for high school though, i highly recimend it!

Posted September 12, 2011
While the former principal referenced certainly helped put Blair on the right road, Blair continues to focus on the important goals we all share. Having just received a six year WASC accredidation with no restrictions, we feel confident that the learning experience that was observed and investigated is what we DO offer all students enrolled.

Blair High School 5

Posted September 05, 2011
My daughter was in the first sixth grade class at Blair. It was a wonderful transition experience for her. Blair Middle School has a wonderful group of teachers. Very caring and supportive. My daughter is in 8th grade now. The new Blair Middle School is open and they've hired all new eight grade teachers. I sat in on their classes and I am impressed. They have high standards and expectations for the kids. I know my daughter will step up to the challenge. The new IB Spanish teacher is outstanding. I am very excited about what this year will bring. So is my daughter!

Blair High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
It's a public school with a private school attitude.

Blair High School 1

Posted September 24, 2010
My son is new to Blair Middle School and this year so far has been the worst experience as of so far. It is the end of the 2nd week and the students still don't have their books, class sizes are 50+ students, I have received 4 electronic phone messages on 4 seperate days saying, "your child has been recorded as absent in one or more classes" by mistake, and the teacher do not communicate, and the whole school is understaffed! I'm taking my son out and finding a school where he will actually receive an education!

Posted August 29, 2010
Blair has been a great school for both my boys. I have one in 8th and one in 11th grade. My children are very different when it comes to school one has learning difficulties and the other is in honors/AP, but at Blair both have received incredible amount of support from the top down to be the best they can be. Both are very involved in athletics and community service throught the school. Blair has excellent communication with parents and most teachers are very responsive and open to communication. It is a true partnership. Though Blair is under new leadership now and budget cuts have meant the loss of some very dedicated and innovative teachers and counselors, Blair will only improve. Though it is only rated a 5 there are other aspects that make it an 8 or above rather than API scores.

Blair High School
1201 South Marengo Avenue, Pasadena, CA  91106
Last modified Blair High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blair High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.