Pasadena, CA

Hamilton Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
This is a great school. It isn't perfect but there is strong leadership. Most impressive is the leaderships responsiveness to each student. A student will not fall in the cracks here. Data is kept on each classroom and student and the school uses it to provide interventions, professional development, or programs. Its a safe and diverse school. It would be great to see more diverse teachers however many of the non-diverse teachers are culturally competent.

Posted February 12, 2014
Hamilton Elementary School is one of the best public elementary schools in Pasadena! We have high parent involvement via the PTA and Annual Fund. The school principal is very knowledgeable and motivated and she really cares about each student's academic performance and her staff's teaching effectiveness. If you are looking for the perfect elementary school, it doesn't exist. However, I would put Hamilton Elementary up against any of the private schools in Pasadena.

Posted November 04, 2013
The teachers at Hamilton really care about the students and it shows. Hamilton is one big community parents join together with the teachers in order to make the kids enjoy school.

Posted September 27, 2013
My son started kindergarten this year at Hamilton. We've been impressed with the teacher, classroom organization, and discipline here. We actually love the school uniforms, which makes getting dressed in the morning easier and instills a sense of equality and professionalism in the students. They know they are going to school to learn, not a fashion show. My son was in an expensive private school last year and we actually think the homework and teacher are better at Hamilton. While much bigger than a private school, we only have 18 kids in our class. I think you would want to take the tour and get involved, as it was a surprise after attending a small private school just how big and how much to learn there is about a public school. Each classroom has two room parents to assist the teacher and the PTA is very active, though in my opinion they ask for money too often for what they actually provide. Uniforms are required except on the first Friday of every month. The school also has a healthy food goal, so that no candy, soda or cookies are allowed, and fruit cups are served instead of cake or cupcakes for class parties and birthdays.

Posted September 26, 2013
Hamilton is a fantastic school. The principal is great and works so hard to keep the school culture friendly and supportive. The teachers truly care about all their students. I moved to Hamilton's neighborhood a few years ago so that my two children could attend and I have not been disappointed. It has been a great experience for my children. My oldest child is now in 5th grade and I love the teachers. They make learning fun and my child is comes home excited about school. My younger child too!

Posted November 07, 2012
Hamilton is a great school--friendly families, excellent principal. My children are in 4th and 1st grade. We've had a wonderful experience.

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2012
I transferred my daughter from private school to Hamilton in 4th and 5th grade. The teachers were great. It's also depends on your child, if your child is very responsible then you will not be disappointed. Math is not a problem. she is now in 7th grade and taking Algebra. I feel that the new or current principal is not doing a good job.API score went down. Most of the parents doesn't like.Parent involvement also went down. She is not approachable. Math is good but reading is not enough in all grades. They do not have AR accelerated reading in the school.

Hamilton Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2012
Don't make the mistake that we made. Hamilton was great for 1st-3rd grade, but by the time we realized how terrible the 4th and 5th grades are, it was too late. My child wasn't able to get into private schools for middle school because he hadn't been taught the basic math skills necessary to get by. The 4th grade math is truly where Hamilton fails, and it is very hard to recover from the lack of instruction. After months of private tutoring, we are hoping to catch up to my son's peers at other public schools. I will say, the lower grades are fine and the K-3rd teachers were great.

Hamilton Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2012
My sons have been going to Hamilton for the past two years and will attend again next year. Although most PUSD schools are mediocre at best, Hamilton is really a good school. The teachers are very good and keep you updated on your kids (as long as you the parent show some interest). The parent involvement is pretty good. Lots of participation during school events. I really appreciate the diversity of the school.

Posted March 19, 2012
My children LOVE Hamilton school. If you live in the neighborhood count yourself lucky! My children were lucky to get in on open enrollment. We were at Burbank, and the difference is night and day. The teachers really care, and they really invest in the kids. Parents of all backgrounds help-out any way they can. When other schools are enduring cuts to programs, the community here works together to save them. A real can-do attitude among faculty and parents. Best computer lab in the district.

Hamilton Elementary School
2089 Rose Villa Street, Pasadena, CA  91107
Last modified Hamilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top