Pasadena, CA
Students enrolled: 2,016

Posted June 18, 2014
The best high school in the district is obviously Pasadena High. I have four children. Three of them goes to Marshall and one goes to Pasadena. The one who attends PHS has more tremendous stellar academics than my other children who goes to Marshall. I am blown away of his avid ambitions of reading very complex difficult novels to solving advance math and science problems. This is because of the wonderful teachers that PHS has. They are professionals and it is not an opinion but a fact. They are true experienced teachers who can teach at an advanced university graduate level. Anyone can go bragging how good other high schools are, but when it comes to the unrivaled PHS, no other Pasadena schools can compete with PHS's brilliant gifted students.

Posted April 05, 2014
Because of this outstanding school, college is not hard for me. I had very experienced and brilliant teachers at PHS who were former professors (Dr. Verdi and Mr. Davis). My professors at college were impressed over my strong beautifully written critical analysis and research. This school will actually prepare students to a prestigious university. What other school has an actual AP Physics class taught by a former university professor with over 30 yrs of experience? PHS! This school is home to the top elite teachers in the district. Send your child here to PHS to experience quality education.

Posted December 22, 2011
I moved my daughter to PHS from a private school and I am very pleased at how well things have worked out for her. PHS has a much wider selection of Advanced Placement classes, along with an excellent music program and a wide variety of sports, clubs and other extracurricular opportunites including a Shakespeare play in which my daughter will have a role. She is very excited and pleasantly surprised at all the wonderful opportunities at PHS. Her counselor, Mr Tran, is outstanding, much better than her counselor at her prior private school. PHS is very safe and all the teachers are very supportive. The PTSA and music booster parent groups are very active and welcoming. I wish we had started her at PHS when she began high school, it has been a wonderful experience for our daughter.

Posted May 17, 2011
This is a school with a great history, a lot of diversity, many great teachers, and their is a reason the weekly counts as the best public school in Pasadena. Given the number of low income students, our kids have very respectable academic scores. My child loves it a PHS, gets a lot of support and is off to a great college next year. Thanks PHS!

Pasadena High School 1

Posted April 29, 2010
If this site would allow me to I would give this school zero stars! I have a daughter who attends PHS as a freshmen and another daughter in the junior level both girls have been picked on and harrased by a group of kids that has numbered up to 30 boys and girls all together. I have attempted to resolve this issue for months now without any success. I have filed police reports on these individuals and the bullying has continued to date, the school adminstration has the responsibilty to provide a safe environment for our kids to learn. In all we are very dissapointed with this schools leadership and lack of caring about there students safe being. We have to date filed two police reports and have meet with adminstration several times, send countles number of emails and spoken at school board. We are transfering our girls now. Grade F

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted November 03, 2009
PHS offers everything....academics, sports, music, art. We have great leaders, inspiring teachers & proud students!

Pasadena High School 4

Posted October 29, 2009
I have been pleasantly surprised by everything about PHS. I was very apprehensive about sending my son to this school after a terrible experience at Blair (despite the fabulous principal). I even sent him to a charter for one year (another disaster). All of my worry was for naught. The thing that seems to make a difference is to have honors or AP classes. My son started in honors, since he gets As and Bs, and the teachers are excellent. I met all of them at the back-to-school night and I was impressed by their dedication and drive. It is a big school, but the good thing about that is that good kids have plenty of options regarding friends. Yes, there are some bad influences, but that's the case at any school, public or private. I have nothing but optimism regarding PHS; the principal is definitely going in the right direction.

Pasadena High School 0

Posted March 07, 2009
I have a student at Pasadena High School and i am very happy to have him there. He has outstanding grades and he is currently taking AP classes. He comes home and does his homework and talks to his friends about how great he is feeling at PHS.

Pasadena High School 1

Posted November 23, 2008
I am the parent of a child who attends Pasadena High and I am highly disappointed with everything about this school!!! My child is teased and picked on by students on a daily basis (in front of teachers) and when complained about, nothing is done. There is no support from the teachers or counselors. My child finds it harder and harder to concentrate on school work because he's teased and picked on on a daily basis and knows there is no support to back him up. The teachers are uncaring and the counselors are no better.

Pasadena High School
2925 East Sierra Madre Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
Last modified Pasadena High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pasadena High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top