Pasadena, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 22, 2013
Lets face it you have so many choices in Pasadena when it comes to private schools, both religious and non. We toured all of them, some of them twice but once we met Dr. F on our third time around we found the decision to send our son here an easy one, he touched on everything that we had felt was lacking. The teachers are really dialed in to their students and we love that the older kids make an effort to say hello to the young ones, everyone knows each other and looks out for each other as well. Like in any school there is always room for improvement but we like where St. A is going, parents need to speak up and become more involved if they want to see changes. Both the teachers and Dr. F are open to hear from us.

Posted February 09, 2013
We are very pleased with St. Andrew School. My son has done very well there, and he is very happy. We looked into some of the other private schools in the area and we felt St. Andrew offered the warm, familiar environment that we were looking for when he entered kindergarten. His teachers have all been great. We have a new principal this year, and even though we loved the previous principal, Dr. Foersch is doing a superb job and making a few needed improvements. The kids are also really nice to each other, I had never seen that before (even in my own elementary school days!), and I am still surprised whenever I see this...the older kids treat the younger ones so nicely. This is a very special place.

Posted December 05, 2012
This school has brought me out of my shell since third grade with loving teachers, amazing academics and values and morals instilled in everyone starting in T-K! I love this school so much and will always owe all my great accomplishments to it! People that haven't visited the school in a year or two are amazed at the changes and improvements and I know Dr F is making this school a better place! I highly recommend it!

Posted July 05, 2012
Although we have had struggles and some parents have not been happy with the previous principal we are hopeful for the future. We have a new principal taking the reins of the school and we hope that the parents will be more involved to improve what can be changed & emphasize what are children love the most so others will join us for a positive catholic school education. In looking back my mother recollects "the best thing I ever did was sacrafice for her to have a catholic education".

St. Andrew Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2012
There is something really wrong with the Principal, no wonder she is steeping down. She has absolutely no idea about the chain reaction effect of her way of handling issues, then she begs for Parents to recommend SAS so that the student numbers stop lowering . You take your issues to her and she will just not listen to your concerns and tell you that she has no time. Her way of running the school is directly affecting the numbers decline. Now as of the Teacher (2nd Grade) Very Simple, Irritable, short Tempered, Student Intimidating and lacks the essential talents to be able to successfully work and motivate Seven year old children. Over all here is my advice, The Public system can be more productive because they ironically will have more accountability for your child than a wrongfully run Private school with no teacher resources and bad leadership. Save your money for the higher grades.

St. Andrew Elementary School 3

Posted June 17, 2011
St. Andrew WAS a great school!!My emphasis is on the WAS part. My son attended the school from 3 yrs.Unfortunately this last year was very disappointing. How things can go from great to unfortunate in 1 year is beyond me. It was the lack of results from a few teachers and the principal that destroyed the school. Serious issues when brought to the principals attention were heard but you were never informed of the consequences that were taken. Other families went through the same things and left the school for that reason. Due to the lack of results and slow pace in which issues are resolved by the principal and the Father, wonderful families are leaving the school. We pay good money for our kids to go to this school and we have the right to demand issues are taken care off. My son used to love the school and was happy to be there but after this year all I heard was his complaints about how the teachers and Principle do not listen to the kids.The school will be very surprised at how many families will be leaving this next year. Registration numbers will be extremely off since they make you register 6 months before the end of the school year. Something seems very wrong here!

Posted March 10, 2010
My son has been attending St. Andrew since K and he love's it and is now in 2nd grade. We are very impressed with how much he has learned with every teacher the past few years. We love how much Sister Daleen is involved in everything. I love the parent involvment as well. St. Andrew is a great school to send your children. I am happy we chose to send him to SAS.

Posted October 07, 2009
If you are looking for Catholic school, this is absolutely the best school for your child(ren). We all expect academics to be above par at all Catholic schools and, yes, St. Andrew does have an excellent academic program. What separates this Catholic school from the rest is the true feeling of a community, the involvement of the church in the school. The church raises money for the school, the pastors visit the children frequently, the children attend 1st Friday mass, and 4th-6th graders get to be altar servers. Every mass is served by a team of St. Andrew students. It's not only the academics, it is who your children become that matter most when they leave this school.

St. Andrew Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Because we are family, caring, the best Catholic education, very well prepare for high school...... great school

Posted May 23, 2009

St. Andrew Elementary School
42 Chestnut Street, Pasadena, CA  91103
Last modified St. Andrew Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Andrew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top