PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

When I first started looking, I noticed that Assumption parents were consistently enthusiastic about recommending their school, and I want to add my voice to theirs. Our school is an academically rigorous yet nurturing and fun environment for children with a strong sense of community. We are grateful for the leadership of our great principal Mrs. Testacross and the support of the wonderful teachers, staff, and other parents. This school understands that parents have many excellent schools in the area to choose from and strives for excellence in all areas. If you are having a hard time narrowing down your choices, come for a tour. And if Assumption is not a good fit for your family, at least you will know what a good school with happy, challenged, and engaged students looks like so you can make a well informed decision when choosing a school for your child. Incidentally, if all you care about is getting your child into the best high schools, Assumption does that, too.

My two kids go to Assumption Pasadena. We are so glad that TK opened up for this school. Besides the fact that it is convenient, the teachers are so far are AWESOME. My son loves his TK teacher Mrs. Jensen and wished Mrs. Jensen moves to Kindergarten next school year. My son attended preschool at a different location. He did good but Mrs. Jensen made him improve his skills. He is more disciplined, courteous and a good student. Mrs. Jensen helped us parents to transition to Kindergarten smoothly. When he started at Assumption, the only time he missed school was when he was very sick and we had to force him to stay home for a day. He loves going to school ever since he moved to Assumption. He loves his 6th grade buddies, his classmates and their Teacher Aides. KUDOS TO MRS. JENSEN! So far, all the teachers that my daughter had are AWESOME too! My daughter loves them. Thank you for being part of my children’s success at Assumption!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers that my kids had in this school communicated with us effectively and have been really great.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers give a fair amount of homeworks. They still have time to relax after.

My two daughters go to ABVM Pasadena. Both my girls love ABVM, the teachers and students. My youngest daughter was lucky enough to attend Transitional Kindergarten (TK) last year. It was a great experience for her academically, socially and spiritually. The TK teacher, who is also credentialed reading specialist and has a masters in reading, was the reason we chose to enroll our daughter in TK. Our hope was that with the smaller classes and the attention to early reading, our daughter would be more than prepared for kindergarten, and we were not disappointed. Our daughter's academic development exceed expectation and we credit TK. Our older daughter loves her teachers and the staff of ABVM. She finds her classes challenging and at the same time enjoyable. The teachers, students and their families really make ABVM a special place. My kids feel like part of a bigger family and have flourished accordingly.

As a stay at home mom, I never had to enroll my child in a preschool. When she became of age to enter school I looked at a variety of schools in the Pasadena area to enroll my child. Fortunately, for me, ABVM has a TK program. I enrolled my child in this school because it is a nurturing and caring environment for my child. The TK teacher is outstanding. She challenges each child academically and creates a learning environment that is fun and creative. Through her guidance, my child excelled socially, academically and spiritually. ABVM has amazing teachers and staff. My overall experience has been outstanding. My child has fantastic classmates and the parents are very supportive of the school. Best of all my child looks forward to going to school.

The teachers at Assumption are outstanding and dedicated to students' academic success and their social developmental skills. Transitional Kinder (TK) in particular captures the spirit of learning while engaged in active language, math, and social practice. As a TK parent, I've witnessed the joyous environment and very positive, animated energy the current TK teacher generates. She solidifies their skills and recognizes their developmental readiness by challenging them and supporting a healthy transition to kindergarten. My son has been in school since age 3 and i've never seen him happier to be in school. He adores his friends, 6th grade buddies, and the atmosphere the teacher creates.

We were already part of a parish that was closer to our house, but we decided to check out Assumption because my brother’s kids attended there. We were very impressed by the family atmosphere and the academic program which really focused on early reading and mathematics. We eventually decided that the best place my daughter should go was Assumption. We have been there for 2 years and we still feel we made the right decision!! The school provides a well balance between academic, sports and extra-curricular activities which encourages both girls and boys to participate. It is a truly wonderful family environment that I know my child is not only well taken care by the staff, but her classmate’s parents as well. We feel that both my child (and us!) will continue to have a great experience and create lifelong friendships.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

my experience is based on my daughters teacher only. She has taught my daughter study skills and communicates with me any concerns. I feel comfortable going to her for questions or concerns

Amount of homework: Agree

my daughter has about 2 hours of homework a night, but she feels challenged and it's teaching her to be disciplined about getting the work done efficiently.

Last modified Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8