Posted March 31, 2015
Assumption is a well rounded school where our kids develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, academically, and athletically. Parents and staff are down to earth, dedicated, pro-active, open and welcoming. Both our kids are in the younger grades and every day when they get to school the are welcomed with hugs and smiles from their friends and their buddies in the older grades. We feel blessed to be part of this community that we will always treasure.

Posted January 21, 2015
Selecting a school for our children was an extremely difficult decision, until we first walked onto the ABVM campus during at their Open House 2 years ago. Of all the schools we visited, no where did we feel as welcome as we did here. And that has not changed since day one. The staff, parents and students are truly one big family that make us feel welcomed and supported at all times. Academically we have no complaints so far. The students are both challenged and encouraged with every step. The balance of academics, arts, technology, faith and extra curricular activities is very important to us, and so far met beyond our expectations at ABVM. Every time I drop the kids off in the morning the smiles are everywhere, and I leave feeling confident that my kids are taken care of in every way, as if I were there with them. And that is the best feeling.

Posted January 21, 2015
We have two children at ABVM and could not be happier. More importantly they love it there. They adore the teachers and have made great friends. Our daughter is now in 1st grade and thriving academically and socially. She went into kindergarten reading simple Bob books and went out reading at a late 2nd grade level. She has experienced so much growth spiritually, emotionally and academically. I am so grateful for her kindergarten teacher, who proved to go above and beyond what I had expected. I could not imagine any of my three children not having her as one of their first teachers. Our son is in the new TK and we are so thankful for this class! He has come so far already, and thanks to another amazing ABVM teacher I know he will be ready and thrive in kindergarten. We are so blessed to be at ABVM with its wonderful community, nurturing environment and amazing academics! The teachers are all credentialed. The office staff is kind and helpful. The Principal and VP have displayed great leadership in helping bring this school to the next level and always have an open door if we have any questions or suggestions. They truly care about the children and the future of the school.

Posted January 17, 2015
I'm really surprised by the other recent review - our experience has been fantastic. We've had a couple different principals in our time here and there have been a few staffing changes during each of those administrations, but (a) sometimes people want to move on, and (b) we've had almost all the newer teachers and they have been completely awesome! Our kinder teacher was new last year and is a complete rock star - my daughter loved her and had tons of fun, plus in that one year she went from not reading to reading at a second grade level in one year, and doing first grade math! And she started them with a real focus on supporting their classmates which we loved. We also had a teacher who used to be kinder and moved to third grade last year. She helped them learn and grow so much socially and my daughter's ITBS scores were up in every category, in some cases waaay up. How can I complain about any of that? I feel that my kids are being loved and growing so much academically, and we have found some great friends as well. We are really lucky.

Posted January 17, 2015
With so many private schools in the Pasadena area it was a little daunting to pick a school that was right for us. I am very pleased we chose ABVM. Both my children are thriving and I am loving the support I get from teachers and staff. ABVM has made us feel very welcomed and my children are thriving socially and academically!

Posted January 17, 2015
No school is going to be the perfect fit for every family, but Assumption has definitely been the perfect fit for our family. The staff challenge the students academically while at the same time ensure they are growing emotionally and spiritually as well. I don't know how they do it, but each teacher we've had has managed to challenge each student at their own level. And in a way that keeps the learning fun for the kids! The community at the school can't be beat. The students in the upper grades are so caring towards the younger ones - no matter where we see them, either on campus or at a weekend sporting event unrelated to school, they come over to say hi and check on the younger ones. And as parents, we've met so many wonderful Friends. We have a true network of support and couldn't ask for a better peer group. Our youngest has had the joy of being in the inaugural transitional kindergarten class. What an amazing program! Truly a case of the administration listening to the needs of the community and finding a way to make things happen. Quite simply, we couldn't be happier than we are at Assumption.

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School 1

Posted January 16, 2015
We have had a very negative experience at ABVM. The Principal and AP are not qualified and lack in leadership, communication and compassion. Many wonderful and seasoned staff have left the school and many families have fled. This school does not offer a safe and nuturing enviroment for children to grow academically or socially.

Posted October 30, 2013
This is our 9th year at ABVM and only 8 more years to go! Our 8th grader, along with our 5th and 3rd grader, are showing our Kindergartener the ropes at school. :) We have been blessed to have found the Assumption Community and have been truly happy here. The teachers, staff, and leadership are wonderful! The overall feeling of family and community are always present.

Posted October 28, 2013
We have been extremely happy with both the academics and the community at Assumption. Our son is a gifted student who has remained challenged and engaged each and every year. His teachers have worked to make sure that he has assignments/goals that may be more advanced than some of the other students. Our whole family has made lifelong friendships and have found a spiritual home at the Parish.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school is strong in their Catholic identity, academics and athletics. Every graduate for at least the last few years got into their number one choice for high school! The teachers go out of their way time and time again to help the students. The technology use to assist the teacher in the classroom is outstanding. They have a full PC lab, smart boards and an Ipad program in the 6-8 grade classes. The administration is strong and is supported by an active PTO and Consultative School Board.

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School
2660 East Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
(626) 793-2089
Last modified Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top