PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted May 23, 2016
My two daughters go to ABVM Pasadena. Both my girls love ABVM, the teachers and students. My youngest daughter was lucky enough to attend Transitional Kindergarten (TK) last year. It was a great experience for her academically, socially and spiritually. The TK teacher, who is also credentialed reading specialist and has a masters in reading, was the reason we chose to enroll our daughter in TK. Our hope was that with the smaller classes and the attention to early reading, our daughter would be more than prepared for kindergarten, and we were not disappointed. Our daughter's academic development exceed expectation and we credit TK. Our older daughter loves her teachers and the staff of ABVM. She finds her classes challenging and at the same time enjoyable. The teachers, students and their families really make ABVM a special place. My kids feel like part of a bigger family and have flourished accordingly.

Posted May 23, 2016
As a stay at home mom, I never had to enroll my child in a preschool. When she became of age to enter school I looked at a variety of schools in the Pasadena area to enroll my child. Fortunately, for me, ABVM has a TK program. I enrolled my child in this school because it is a nurturing and caring environment for my child. The TK teacher is outstanding. She challenges each child academically and creates a learning environment that is fun and creative. Through her guidance, my child excelled socially, academically and spiritually. ABVM has amazing teachers and staff. My overall experience has been outstanding. My child has fantastic classmates and the parents are very supportive of the school. Best of all my child looks forward to going to school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I would like to thank the TK teacher for her hard work and dedication to the school and her students.

Posted May 23, 2016
The teachers at Assumption are outstanding and dedicated to students' academic success and their social developmental skills. Transitional Kinder (TK) in particular captures the spirit of learning while engaged in active language, math, and social practice. As a TK parent, I've witnessed the joyous environment and very positive, animated energy the current TK teacher generates. She solidifies their skills and recognizes their developmental readiness by challenging them and supporting a healthy transition to kindergarten. My son has been in school since age 3 and i've never seen him happier to be in school. He adores his friends, 6th grade buddies, and the atmosphere the teacher creates.

Posted February 16, 2016
We were already part of a parish that was closer to our house, but we decided to check out Assumption because my brother’s kids attended there. We were very impressed by the family atmosphere and the academic program which really focused on early reading and mathematics. We eventually decided that the best place my daughter should go was Assumption. We have been there for 2 years and we still feel we made the right decision!! The school provides a well balance between academic, sports and extra-curricular activities which encourages both girls and boys to participate. It is a truly wonderful family environment that I know my child is not only well taken care by the staff, but her classmate’s parents as well. We feel that both my child (and us!) will continue to have a great experience and create lifelong friendships.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 30, 2015
Our family is grateful to all the staff at ABVM. Together they provide a safe and structured learning environment that embraces a progressive approach balanced with traditional academics. Our son has blossomed over the years. ABVM is a community that welcomes the entire family. And so, the entire staff is to be thanked for that!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 23, 2015
my experience is based on my daughters teacher only. She has taught my daughter study skills and communicates with me any concerns. I feel comfortable going to her for questions or concerns

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 23, 2015
my daughter has about 2 hours of homework a night, but she feels challenged and it's teaching her to be disciplined about getting the work done efficiently.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 23, 2015
teachers are strict yet nurturing. There are after school tutoring programs for free to help students in certain subjects (i.e. math).

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 23, 2015
My daughter was previously in a public school where respect wasn't always a priority. Here at ABVM respect is given and received by not only students but also the staff and parish.

2660 East Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. (626) 793-2089
Last modified Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8