Posted December 09, 2013
Assumption of the BVM school and parish has the warmest friendliest community. We commute with our first grader 20 miles to attend this school. The teachers and staff treat you like family, they are very responsive to parents concerns. The school has a strong academic program, accelerated readers program, a state-of-the-art computer lab, ipads, white boards in all the classrooms. They have a great athletics program, their girls volleyball team just won the CYO championships. To top it off they also offer Spanish K-8.

Posted October 30, 2013
This is our 9th year at ABVM and only 8 more years to go! Our 8th grader, along with our 5th and 3rd grader, are showing our Kindergartener the ropes at school. :) We have been blessed to have found the Assumption Community and have been truly happy here. The teachers, staff, and leadership are wonderful! The overall feeling of family and community are always present.

Posted October 28, 2013
We have been extremely happy with both the academics and the community at Assumption. Our son is a gifted student who has remained challenged and engaged each and every year. His teachers have worked to make sure that he has assignments/goals that may be more advanced than some of the other students. Our whole family has made lifelong friendships and have found a spiritual home at the Parish.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school is strong in their Catholic identity, academics and athletics. Every graduate for at least the last few years got into their number one choice for high school! The teachers go out of their way time and time again to help the students. The technology use to assist the teacher in the classroom is outstanding. They have a full PC lab, smart boards and an Ipad program in the 6-8 grade classes. The administration is strong and is supported by an active PTO and Consultative School Board.

Posted October 15, 2013
A little slice of heaven... We truly love our school, community and my son is thriving at ABVM. In suburban Los Angeles it's not often that you find a "small town" feeling school where everyone knows most everyone in the school by name and you feel like a community is caring for your child. The teachers are amazing, administration supportive and we are so happy to be here. I find the curriculum challenging, my son is learning Spanish, which is part of every class curriculum and when summer rolls around, he isn't interested in camp - he wants to go to summer school and be at ABVM. I also know he is getting a quality education that will carry him far in life and the next steps (high school, college, etc.) So while I can go on and on, let me share my second grade son's comment. We live in the local community and one day out of the blue my son said, "Mommy, we can never move because i don't ever want to leave being this close to ABVM". The jury speaks - and when your kid feels this comfortable in his academic environment, you know they are doing something right!

Posted October 14, 2013
This is our fourth year at ABVM, and we've had a great experience. My kids feel like the teachers really care about them individually, and the administration is continually surprising us in showing how a little Catholic school can keep pace with the changing face of education. My kindergartener is using iPads and having Spanish three times a week, and my third grader is reading 3 or more chapter books a month. When I mentioned to our teacher that I could use some help encouraging my daughter to choose more challenging reading material, within two days she had approached my daughter in a very kind way about it, the reading specialist had gone through the new book order form with her and marked appropriate books, and the libarian spent some time with her personally and made sure she came home with two perfect books that she was excited about reading. The older kids are themselves responsible for putting on school events like the Halloween carnival, and are so kind to and supportive of the littler kids. We also have great family community events, like class wide parent socials, the annual outdoor movie night put on by the Knights of Columbus, and Family Fun Night in the spring.

Posted June 27, 2011
Choosing Assumption for our daughters has been one of the best choices my husband and I have ever made. We applied to several Catholic schools in the area, and we were really impressed by the welcoming atmosphere and the caliber of students graduating from ABVM. The parish and school are both led by hard-working, faith-filled individuals who are leading the ABVM community in such an amazing direction. In addition to the stellar academics, the students are really respectful and hard working. There has been an increase in the number of extra-curricular activities offered at the school, too, from chess to skateboarding. The community has really supported the school, raising enough funds to have SmartBoards in every classroom and a pilot program for some classes featuring iPads starting in Fall 2012. If you are open to a Catholic education for your children, Assumption is probably one of the best places to put your kids and your money in the entire San Gabriel Valley.

Posted May 18, 2011
Continuation to most recent post (After having our children previously enrolled) Myself and our children are catholic yet since we've been in the different educational environments our children have not been involved in the church as much as I would have liked, this has not been a problem for them. They were accepted and throughly enjoying the religious instruction. As a matter of fact in one of child's class ,there are several non-catholics, which has never presented itself as a problem. In other words: All our welcomed! Our only regret is that we did not find this wonderful school earlier in our children education.

Posted June 12, 2010
Assumption made it possible for my child to get into his #1 choice for high school. The staff is caring and helpful and the principal is a great administrator that gets amazing things accomplished.

Posted April 20, 2010
Assumption is an amazing school! I have 2 boys and they excel academically and socially. The teaching staff is wonderful. They are very approachable and always concerned about the children's well being. I would highly recommend this school both for the academic and the community. It feels like a home away from home.

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School
2660 East Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA  91107
(626) 793-2089
Last modified Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.