K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have found that the teachers are very engaged with the students which fosters trust and a love of learning in the kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our student is quite active in extra-curricular activities and we feared that HPA's strong academic curriculum would not be conducive to his continuation of these activities. We have found that the workload is quite manageable and through the use of weekly newsletter, daily agenda recording, and responsive communication with the teacher, our student is learning to manage his time and get through his homework in good time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a strong sense of community building and focusing on the whole child here. The teachers and staff closely monitor and foster a collaborative environment for kids during play and class interactions. I witnessed a student being encouraged by the peers to do the right thing when this student accidentally hurt another student during playtime.

This is the first year at HPA for our 2 children and they couldn't be happier. It is truly heartwarming to see the greeted by name each and every morning by the administrators and the teachers. The teachers care about what and how our children are learning and adjusting socially and our kids are thriving! The community of parents are welcoming and so involved, it's easy to see why the children love their experience at this school.

We have two children at High Point Academy and we couldn't be more pleased with the education they are receiving. Teachers are highly trained and truly care about their students. I have found both of my kids' teachers to be responsive when I had any concerns. HPA actively promotes family involvement which we feel is highly important to the well-being of our kids.. Both of my kids love going to school each day!! We truly do love High Point!

High Point Academy is a very caring and inviting environment. I have 2 children, a 3rd and 7th grader, at this school. There is a great sense of Community. The Teachers and Staff, strive to see that all the students succeed, and because of that, the students are very bright, confident and engaged. The School is constantly looking for new ways to keep the students excited about learning, and do an excellent job, keeping up with the latest in Technology and Innovation. My Children look forward to going to school, every day, and as a Parent, that speaks louder than any words or comments about their school. Our family loves this School and would highly recommend, coming to take a look at what could be, the beginning of an amazing journey into your Child's brilliant future.

I would like to take the time to share my experience with High Point Academy. I really appreciate the high level of professionalism and dedication that is exhibited by the teachers and staff at the school. My son has been with High Point Academy for four years now, and he loves it! As a parent I appreciate the friendly and positive learning environment that is created for students, because of this my son looks forward to going to school each and every day.

High Point is an amazing school until Junior High. I love going to High Point because of the scenery and my friends, but the Junior High teachers are a huge problem. I would recommend sending your kid here through 6th grade and then put them into a different school. It's the best choice for your child, trust me I know from experience.

We are extremely pleased with the education our son is receiving at High Point. He is excited to go to school every day and we drop him off knowing he is well taken care of. The class sizes are small and every teacher I have met has been enthusiastic. The level of communication and responsiveness from the school is fantastic - every email I have ever sent has been answered within a day or two. My son is academically advanced and his teacher has taken the time to research how and what to teach him. High Point students take French twice a week, art and music once a week, computer once a week, and PE every day - I think this is great for keeping the kids from getting bored. The homework is a reasonable amount and consists of practicing the concepts they learned that day - not busywork. The school manages to find a good balance between caring for their students and being strict. When we told our son's teacher about a mild bullying incident with another student last year, it was addressed immediately. There is great parent involvement yet there is almost no pressure to donate money, etc. We love High Point and will be sending our younger children there as well.

High Point is an excellent school. The quality of the education exceeds most every school in the San Gabriel Valley. Students are supported and challenged. I've seen my child accomplish far more then we ever thought possible. He's engaged, focused and puts extra effort into his studies on his own accord. The staff are warm and caring with the students. Daily PE and a focus on physical fitness is a definite plus. The art program is AMAZING. Students in art study the Masters and learn not only techniques but art history as well. Starting in 4th grade the students also take instrumental music. The school is well organized and run efficiently. Parents are encouraged to get involved and will find numerous opportunities available. We moved our child here from a "progressive" school and wake up every day knowing we did the absolute right thing. There's no way our child would have received an education remotely close to what he's getting at High Point if we'd stayed at that other school. We know he will leave High Point well prepared for the rigors of modern high school, not to mention with a true love of learning and the necessary skills to succeed.

Last modified High Point Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8