Pasadena, CA

Posted October 07, 2014
I would like to take the time to share my experience with High Point Academy. I really appreciate the high level of professionalism and dedication that is exhibited by the teachers and staff at the school. My son has been with High Point Academy for four years now, and he loves it! As a parent I appreciate the friendly and positive learning environment that is created for students, because of this my son looks forward to going to school each and every day.

High Point Academy 3

Posted March 24, 2014
High Point is an amazing school until Junior High. I love going to High Point because of the scenery and my friends, but the Junior High teachers are a huge problem. I would recommend sending your kid here through 6th grade and then put them into a different school. It's the best choice for your child, trust me I know from experience.

Posted December 16, 2013
We are extremely pleased with the education our son is receiving at High Point. He is excited to go to school every day and we drop him off knowing he is well taken care of. The class sizes are small and every teacher I have met has been enthusiastic. The level of communication and responsiveness from the school is fantastic - every email I have ever sent has been answered within a day or two. My son is academically advanced and his teacher has taken the time to research how and what to teach him. High Point students take French twice a week, art and music once a week, computer once a week, and PE every day - I think this is great for keeping the kids from getting bored. The homework is a reasonable amount and consists of practicing the concepts they learned that day - not busywork. The school manages to find a good balance between caring for their students and being strict. When we told our son's teacher about a mild bullying incident with another student last year, it was addressed immediately. There is great parent involvement yet there is almost no pressure to donate money, etc. We love High Point and will be sending our younger children there as well.

Posted February 17, 2013
High Point is an excellent school. The quality of the education exceeds most every school in the San Gabriel Valley. Students are supported and challenged. I've seen my child accomplish far more then we ever thought possible. He's engaged, focused and puts extra effort into his studies on his own accord. The staff are warm and caring with the students. Daily PE and a focus on physical fitness is a definite plus. The art program is AMAZING. Students in art study the Masters and learn not only techniques but art history as well. Starting in 4th grade the students also take instrumental music. The school is well organized and run efficiently. Parents are encouraged to get involved and will find numerous opportunities available. We moved our child here from a "progressive" school and wake up every day knowing we did the absolute right thing. There's no way our child would have received an education remotely close to what he's getting at High Point if we'd stayed at that other school. We know he will leave High Point well prepared for the rigors of modern high school, not to mention with a true love of learning and the necessary skills to succeed.

Posted June 06, 2012
The quality and caliber of the teaching staff is exceptional. Every one of our son s teachers is highly credentialed, experienced and passionate about what she teaches. That is why my son caught up so quickly and there is such tremendous growth each quarter. The subject matters come alive and there is much interest in what they are learning. There is a wonderful camaraderie at the school. Multiple classrooms in a grade level eat, celebrate birthdays and go on field trips together. This interaction fosters friendships across classroom lines such that they are very unified. At recess, some kids will grab a ball, call out a game and whoever wants to play comes running over to join in girls and boys alike. Lastly, I respect how dignified the school is in avoiding academic competition amongst the children. All graded tests, quizzes and assignments for the week get placed in a closed folder to be taken home by the child. The child reviews all work for the first time with parents and nothing gets shown or talked about at school. The gratification and pride they get from the outcome of their hard work is all the proof they need of their accomplishments. We couldn t be happier!

Posted May 11, 2012
I am a parent who has been a part of the High Point community for 9 years. I have three children - all attending High Point Academy. High Point provides a rigorous academic environment with a nurturing, personal touch. The teachers truly care about their students and take the time to know them as individuals. The administration is warm and helpful and greets each student by name, every morning. The parent community is diverse and committed to volunteering at the school. My family s experience for my son and for my daughters has been most rewarding.

Posted May 10, 2011
Our child was accepted to Chandler, Creview and HPA, and we ultimately chose HPA because of its supportive community. The teachers are great, and the curriculum is rigorous. Our child's class is thoughtful, kind and very close, and they treat one another like brothers and sisters. The teachers helped the children with their high school admissions, and even set aside time to conduct practice interviews, placement tests, etc. HPA really cares about their students, and we're thankful for the nine wonderful years our child has had at HPA. I would recommend HPA to any family that wants a great, structured, academic prep school - it's been a wonderful experience for our family!

High Point Academy 1

Posted October 01, 2010
This is for all of the parents who are looking for an honest review of the school by a child who recently graduated. HPA is extremely sexist towards males. Male students get in trouble for the slightest things, while females go through the whole year without reprimand. This isn't because the male students at HPA are bad, it's because the teachers believe that girls are perfect and never makes any mistakes. I'm being dead serious here. This school is a great fit for girls, but send your sons to Chandler or Mayfield. High school acceptances are not really that great at all anymore. Children from Chandler are doing a lot better. HPA should really consider becoming all girls school.

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted May 01, 2009
Great school. Prepared me very well for high school and even for college. Got into a top high school and a top ranked national college.

High Point Academy