K-8|Private

Bad
Good

The school is hands on education where the students learn by doing. It's not about memorization it's about interacting in the real world. This is done through weekly field and over night trips.

If you want a school that fosters community, a strong sense of ethics, then Weizmann is the school for you. My husband and I applied to all the top private schools in Pasadena for our child, and in the end, we found that Weizmann was an oasis in the private school world in Pasadena. This is a school where my child has learned the most important lessons in life: acceptance of others and the importance of building community. The facility is awful, but I am a teacher, and I have always said that all you need to create a successful classroom is a one-room school house. Kids don't need smart boards in every room and 10 million dollar computer labs to be academically challenged, create close-knit friendships, learn how to rely on and trust adults, and learn how to play well in sandbox with others.

We have been very happy with this school. It is very small ensuring your child gets plenty of attention. Almost everyone knows one another--students, staff, and families. It's a wonderful and accepting community. Being so small, the classes are excellent at catering to all the kids's needs separately. Kids get extra challenges or extra help, depending on what they need. Another highlight is the Hebrew program. We are simply amazed by the language skills our daughter has learned from only 45 minutes a day of Hebrew. Highly recommend!

We have two kids enrolled at the school. They are thriving and are very happy. In addition to the great curriculum, we really also like the school community.

Amazing school, with very personal care. My kids love the school and we are very pleased

The school has been great for our daugther. Very personal attention and dedication from all the learners. We are very pleased with her progress.

Couldn't imagine a better school for our son. Teacher ratio is 6 to 1. Amazing teachers, great technology lab, music program and they even have their vegetable garden!

The small size and community atmosphere at this school are the best. Students are accepted for who they are and warmly welcomed by all. They are encouraged to enhance and share their strengths, and they work towards their highest level of achievement. All of us enjoy the holidays and the programs that make everyone a star!

After a year in public school we found Weizmann. My daughters enjoy going to school each day. They are in a warm, caring environment and they have bloomed. Their learning has also blossomed. For us this has been a blessing all around.

I was concerned that the small size of the school would not offer enough options or stimulation to my children. I was wrong. The school has consistently met the needs of my children. The small size allows every teacher in every grade to know every student in every grade. A really unique feature is their buddy system. The older children are buddied up with younger children for certain playground activities through out the year. This is an opportunity for both children to grow and learn something about different people.

Last modified Weizmann Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8