Penngrove Elementary School

Charter | K-6

Living in Penngrove

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $590,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Posted February 27, 2014

Our Family could not be any happier than we are with Penngrove Elementary! The teachers and staff truly care about all of the students. Needs are met individually, with insight, encouragement and the advantage of much experience behind strategies. The community is small and welcoming. Every day, when I ask my child, "What did you like the most about school today?", the answer is "EVERYTHING!!" My child loves going to school here!

Posted October 21, 2013

I Love Penngrove! The staff is great and my children love going to school. I have a child in 5th grade and child in Kindergarten and we could not be happier with our decision to send them to this school. Keep up the good work Penngrove!

Posted July 31, 2013

I reported the bullying problems my granddaughter had at Penngrove school's kindergarten. She is showing signs of stress, irrational fears of being left unprotected in the house, and claims that she is stupid. The bully called her stupid regularly along with the physical abuse. After three weeks none of the Petaluma school board has acknowledged my e-mail. After explaining the situation, I asked them what their bullying strategy was for the district. How were students supposed to be protected against bullies? i just e-mailed them again, and I will let you know if there is any response.

Posted May 23, 2013

Penngrove Elementary has great teachers and staff. There is always someone available to talk and help with your child's education. They offer enrichment programs and a multitude of after school programs. My son has a positive attitude about school and homework. Penngrove Elementary employs the most up to date and cutting edge teaching techniques. The staff has creative and engaging ways to get the attention of the children. The quality of a school is measured by student experience, and the school supersedes.

Posted May 15, 2013

Penngrove Elementary is great small school for K thru 6th grade. I feel very lucky to have so much parent involvement and support from teachers and administration here. I have a child with some special needs and there is an open door policy on any questions we have about resources. I think its like anything in life, the more you put into something the more you will get out of it. A child's education is no different, the basics start at home but Penngrove Elementary provides the icing on the cake.

Posted April 11, 2013

I have been a part of the Penngrove School community for six years now and I have to say that it is "home" for my kids. It is where my kids feel safe and empowered when they are away from Home. I have two special needs children and I feel like they are being taken care of academically as well as emotionally. I know that I can approach any staff member and I will be heard AND considered. We have an active PTA that puts a great amount of effort in supporting the campus, teachers, and staff. I could go on and on about the amazing things this school community has given to myself as well as my children. Anyone with a special needs child knows the emotional exhaustion an IEP meeting can bring on, however, I have always felt supported and have felt the true desire to make sure my kids are successful and happy at school.

Posted March 22, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this school! My kids attended Penngrove Elementary School from Kindergarten through 6th Grade and maybe we were just really lucky but every year was a great experience. They honestly looked forward to going to school. Great Teachers, wonderful friendships established and very strong parent involvement. It's exactly what we hoped for our children.

Posted December 30, 2012

I transferred my daughter into this school and I am so happy that I did. It definitely has the small town feel, with excellent parent involvement that I was looking for. I could not be happier with my child's kindergarten teachers. I love the Wednesday assembly & news letter to keep me informed. I will be sending my next two children there as well. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to be involved in their child's classroom. I love all the school fundraisers, skate nights and extras the school puts on it makes it easy to meet others in the school.

Posted December 5, 2012

I had problems with bullying at this school as well, let's face it there is suppose to be an anti-bully act, but the schools don want to inforce it, they turn their cheek when you go to them especially when it is a staff member's own child doing the bullying. I had a teacher tell my child they were like a black crow, always seem to be around when a child is crying, little did they know my child was comforting the crying child because of the bully. This school is very small town, it's their way and if you don't like it, their answer is you don't have to come back! Well my child along with other children have left, and are now either home schooled or are at other schools where they can feel safe and happy. I would think twice about putting your child in this school! Very disappointing!

Posted October 28, 2012

Love this school!!!!! The Halloween Carnival is a great community builder! The parents and teachers were all involved and our family had a memorable time.

Posted September 15, 2012

I could not be more dissappointed, exhausted or disheartened by a school experience. There is a stunning lack of leadership at the top. While there are some decent teachers there, there is at least one who has serious anger management issues that, although well known, continue to remain unaddressed. Repeated and serious bullying/threatening is tolerated without consequence by the principle. Save for a precious few, this school was a living hell for my child (and my family), who far from thriving there narrowly escaped with his sanity and tragically and not without bruises both physical and phsycological. No child should have to endure what mine did. Thankfully, given an actual learning environment with awesome leadership, I now have a delighted to learn, highly successful and happy child. I would do your research and steer clear of this one to be sure.

Posted February 2, 2009

I use to believe Penngrove was a great school and that my child was receiving the educational tools he needed from them, but the more I paid attention the less I liked the school. I felt they put my child down on so many levels that he felt bad about himself and the teachers that were there to help him. I could not wait to leave that school and see my child happy and have confidence again....

Posted August 15, 2008

I transferred my child from another district into Penngrove Elementry. This was the best decision I could of made for my son's school career. Penngrove is stellar! It's a school that every child deserves to attend. My son was reading at a 3rd grade level at the beginning of first grade. Kudo's to the teachers at Penngrove!

Posted April 10, 2006

Penngrove School is fantastic. My children have and continue to have a tremendous learning experience there - Penngrove offers a well balanced curriculum, with enriching field trips (some are even overnights), family activities like pasta and tamale dinners, a Wednesday morning assembly that recognizes students for appropriate behavior and reading accomplishments, Book Fairs, and an active PTA. In addition the school operates on a year round calendar - so instead of the long summer - students return to school during the last 1/2 of July and then have two three week breaks - one in the Fall and one in the Spring. Hooray for Penngrove!

This school's

(2012)

7 / 10

2 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

7 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

2 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students63%