Public charter
Penngrove, CA

Posted February 27, 2014
Our Family could not be any happier than we are with Penngrove Elementary! The teachers and staff truly care about all of the students. Needs are met individually, with insight, encouragement and the advantage of much experience behind strategies. The community is small and welcoming. Every day, when I ask my child, "What did you like the most about school today?", the answer is "EVERYTHING!!" My child loves going to school here!

Posted October 21, 2013
I Love Penngrove! The staff is great and my children love going to school. I have a child in 5th grade and child in Kindergarten and we could not be happier with our decision to send them to this school. Keep up the good work Penngrove!

Penngrove Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2013
I reported the bullying problems my granddaughter had at Penngrove school's kindergarten. She is showing signs of stress, irrational fears of being left unprotected in the house, and claims that she is stupid. The bully called her stupid regularly along with the physical abuse. After three weeks none of the Petaluma school board has acknowledged my e-mail. After explaining the situation, I asked them what their bullying strategy was for the district. How were students supposed to be protected against bullies? i just e-mailed them again, and I will let you know if there is any response.

Posted May 23, 2013
Penngrove Elementary has great teachers and staff. There is always someone available to talk and help with your child's education. They offer enrichment programs and a multitude of after school programs. My son has a positive attitude about school and homework. Penngrove Elementary employs the most up to date and cutting edge teaching techniques. The staff has creative and engaging ways to get the attention of the children. The quality of a school is measured by student experience, and the school supersedes.

Posted May 15, 2013
Penngrove Elementary is great small school for K thru 6th grade. I feel very lucky to have so much parent involvement and support from teachers and administration here. I have a child with some special needs and there is an open door policy on any questions we have about resources. I think its like anything in life, the more you put into something the more you will get out of it. A child's education is no different, the basics start at home but Penngrove Elementary provides the icing on the cake.

Posted April 11, 2013
I have been a part of the Penngrove School community for six years now and I have to say that it is "home" for my kids. It is where my kids feel safe and empowered when they are away from Home. I have two special needs children and I feel like they are being taken care of academically as well as emotionally. I know that I can approach any staff member and I will be heard AND considered. We have an active PTA that puts a great amount of effort in supporting the campus, teachers, and staff. I could go on and on about the amazing things this school community has given to myself as well as my children. Anyone with a special needs child knows the emotional exhaustion an IEP meeting can bring on, however, I have always felt supported and have felt the true desire to make sure my kids are successful and happy at school.

Posted March 22, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school! My kids attended Penngrove Elementary School from Kindergarten through 6th Grade and maybe we were just really lucky but every year was a great experience. They honestly looked forward to going to school. Great Teachers, wonderful friendships established and very strong parent involvement. It's exactly what we hoped for our children.

Posted December 30, 2012
I transferred my daughter into this school and I am so happy that I did. It definitely has the small town feel, with excellent parent involvement that I was looking for. I could not be happier with my child's kindergarten teachers. I love the Wednesday assembly & news letter to keep me informed. I will be sending my next two children there as well. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to be involved in their child's classroom. I love all the school fundraisers, skate nights and extras the school puts on it makes it easy to meet others in the school.

Penngrove Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2012
I had problems with bullying at this school as well, let's face it there is suppose to be an anti-bully act, but the schools don want to inforce it, they turn their cheek when you go to them especially when it is a staff member's own child doing the bullying. I had a teacher tell my child they were like a black crow, always seem to be around when a child is crying, little did they know my child was comforting the crying child because of the bully. This school is very small town, it's their way and if you don't like it, their answer is you don't have to come back! Well my child along with other children have left, and are now either home schooled or are at other schools where they can feel safe and happy. I would think twice about putting your child in this school! Very disappointing!

Posted October 28, 2012
Love this school!!!!! The Halloween Carnival is a great community builder! The parents and teachers were all involved and our family had a memorable time.

Penngrove Elementary School
365 Adobe Road, Penngrove, CA  94951
Last modified Penngrove Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penngrove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top