Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 04, 2015
We love the teachers and support staff. Some tech stuff is not for our family, but we appreciate the option to choose what is appropriate for our children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 04, 2015
The teachers work long hours, return emails and phone calls. They communicate with parents and truly care about the school community.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 04, 2015
We miss you Ms. Keating! We love you Mrs. Cuhna! Ms. Churilla, you are THE BEST! The lunch lady, Miss Julie is AMAZING!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 04, 2015
We don't do all of the HW bc of family dinner, sports, and quality time off the computer or iPad. HW should be 10 min. per grade level. For example, 3rd graders should only have 30 min. of HW a night.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
Penngrove school is made up of students from all types of backgrounds, lifestyles, and income levels. All students are treated equally, which is a rare thing.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
Mr. Nettle is a genius! He teaches the students to treat each other with respect and kindness. ALL parents and adults would benefit from his approach towards inclusiveness.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
The teachers REALLY care about the students. The PTA works really hard to provide programs and events for the whole school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 04, 2015
The yard duty and support staff really care about the students and community of Penngrove. The parents are wonderful and look out for one another. The older student know how important it is to be good role models. The student Ambassador program is a great idea and deserves support.

Posted February 23, 2015
Choosing an elementary school for my son was one of the most stressful decisions I've ever made. I did not sleep for weeks wondering if I had made the right choice after visiting every school in a 30 mile radius. Penngrove has beyond surpassed my expectations. I am at the school volunteering every week so I see the way the children a treated from staff with my own eyes. Everyone at the school is kind, intelligent and has the children's best interest at heart. My son got into some trouble the first month of school and I was concerned about what happened. The principal, as well as our K teacher, took an hour out of their afternoon to talk with me and I left feeling all warm an fuzzy, knowing that they wanted what was best for him as much as I did. The atmosphere at Penngrove Elementary is always bright and cheery, the kids are happy and well cared for. My son has learned more than I ever expected for kindergarten, but he never seems stressed, only excited about all he knows now. I never thought I would feel comfortable with someone else caring for my son and Penngrove has proved me wrong, I cannot say enough about how much I LOVE this school!

Posted April 17, 2014
Love this school. Our family has attended Penngrone school for over 70 years The school has always had great teachers and staff. Our granddaughter presently attends Penngrove and is doing very well and really likes her teacher. Great Job, Penngrove.

365 Adobe Road, Penngrove, CA  94951
Last modified Penngrove Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penngrove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top