Public charter
Penngrove, CA

Posted February 23, 2015
Choosing an elementary school for my son was one of the most stressful decisions I've ever made. I did not sleep for weeks wondering if I had made the right choice after visiting every school in a 30 mile radius. Penngrove has beyond surpassed my expectations. I am at the school volunteering every week so I see the way the children a treated from staff with my own eyes. Everyone at the school is kind, intelligent and has the children's best interest at heart. My son got into some trouble the first month of school and I was concerned about what happened. The principal, as well as our K teacher, took an hour out of their afternoon to talk with me and I left feeling all warm an fuzzy, knowing that they wanted what was best for him as much as I did. The atmosphere at Penngrove Elementary is always bright and cheery, the kids are happy and well cared for. My son has learned more than I ever expected for kindergarten, but he never seems stressed, only excited about all he knows now. I never thought I would feel comfortable with someone else caring for my son and Penngrove has proved me wrong, I cannot say enough about how much I LOVE this school!

Posted April 17, 2014
Love this school. Our family has attended Penngrone school for over 70 years The school has always had great teachers and staff. Our granddaughter presently attends Penngrove and is doing very well and really likes her teacher. Great Job, Penngrove.

Posted February 27, 2014
Our Family could not be any happier than we are with Penngrove Elementary! The teachers and staff truly care about all of the students. Needs are met individually, with insight, encouragement and the advantage of much experience behind strategies. The community is small and welcoming. Every day, when I ask my child, "What did you like the most about school today?", the answer is "EVERYTHING!!" My child loves going to school here!

Posted October 21, 2013
I Love Penngrove! The staff is great and my children love going to school. I have a child in 5th grade and child in Kindergarten and we could not be happier with our decision to send them to this school. Keep up the good work Penngrove!

Penngrove Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2013
I reported the bullying problems my granddaughter had at Penngrove school's kindergarten. She is showing signs of stress, irrational fears of being left unprotected in the house, and claims that she is stupid. The bully called her stupid regularly along with the physical abuse. After three weeks none of the Petaluma school board has acknowledged my e-mail. After explaining the situation, I asked them what their bullying strategy was for the district. How were students supposed to be protected against bullies? i just e-mailed them again, and I will let you know if there is any response.

Posted May 23, 2013
Penngrove Elementary has great teachers and staff. There is always someone available to talk and help with your child's education. They offer enrichment programs and a multitude of after school programs. My son has a positive attitude about school and homework. Penngrove Elementary employs the most up to date and cutting edge teaching techniques. The staff has creative and engaging ways to get the attention of the children. The quality of a school is measured by student experience, and the school supersedes.

Posted May 15, 2013
Penngrove Elementary is great small school for K thru 6th grade. I feel very lucky to have so much parent involvement and support from teachers and administration here. I have a child with some special needs and there is an open door policy on any questions we have about resources. I think its like anything in life, the more you put into something the more you will get out of it. A child's education is no different, the basics start at home but Penngrove Elementary provides the icing on the cake.

Posted April 11, 2013
I have been a part of the Penngrove School community for six years now and I have to say that it is "home" for my kids. It is where my kids feel safe and empowered when they are away from Home. I have two special needs children and I feel like they are being taken care of academically as well as emotionally. I know that I can approach any staff member and I will be heard AND considered. We have an active PTA that puts a great amount of effort in supporting the campus, teachers, and staff. I could go on and on about the amazing things this school community has given to myself as well as my children. Anyone with a special needs child knows the emotional exhaustion an IEP meeting can bring on, however, I have always felt supported and have felt the true desire to make sure my kids are successful and happy at school.

Posted March 22, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school! My kids attended Penngrove Elementary School from Kindergarten through 6th Grade and maybe we were just really lucky but every year was a great experience. They honestly looked forward to going to school. Great Teachers, wonderful friendships established and very strong parent involvement. It's exactly what we hoped for our children.

Posted December 30, 2012
I transferred my daughter into this school and I am so happy that I did. It definitely has the small town feel, with excellent parent involvement that I was looking for. I could not be happier with my child's kindergarten teachers. I love the Wednesday assembly & news letter to keep me informed. I will be sending my next two children there as well. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to be involved in their child's classroom. I love all the school fundraisers, skate nights and extras the school puts on it makes it easy to meet others in the school.

Penngrove Elementary School
365 Adobe Road, Penngrove, CA  94951
Last modified Penngrove Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penngrove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top