Public charter
Perris, CA

Posted November 18, 2014
My daughter loves it there she made a lot of friends there as well and found a lot of old friends to
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 25, 2014
canyon springs high school - so much trouble there. fires in restrooms, waste cans, trash in parking lots, ineffective teachers, fights, tremendous bullying and inequite

Posted January 15, 2014
My daughter goes to CMI and she have improved her graedes and behavior so much thanks to the teachers dedication.to me this is the best school around perris area for sure

Posted October 14, 2013
CMI is an ok school but i took out my child because the principal, said he can replace her like nothing. CMI has gotten better and deserves a better leadership if they want to teach leadership to cadets. I'm disgusted at the principal and the rules are strict and basis and teachers seem to have favorites and pick on students if not in their liking. No.

Posted October 14, 2013
ok to put it simply its true. the teachers dont really care. they treat all their students as dogs that dont have an opinion of their own. in the end ive met one teacher that i liked the rest were cruel people and as posted bellow they do see everyone as replaceable. the principals goal at the end is to make himself look good. and as for low self esteem, that much is improved. maybe its just my situation and im lucky but i have friends that but i found friends there that accepted me. yes the staff sucks they are for the most part conceded people but there are a few diamonds in the rough an as long is u are willing to talk to people they can help u through it. it is a better school for college. i say fight through it and be strong. as long as you have friends you'll be ok.

Posted October 14, 2013
I attended this school from 7th grade to 11th grade. At first I was excited to attend but then I started to hate going to school. I can honestly say that my whole MS years all we did was run and do push ups I learned absolutely NOTHING. In which in HS was a struggle for me especially in math. Long story short I always begged my mom to take me out of that school but she always thought it was a good school but you wouldn't know unless you attended. I actually got dismissed from CMI and wasn't even notified. Not to mention my transcript is all messed up. The staff don't even care about the school. I've had teachers tell students who don't understand and ask a question say "Well if you learn or not i'm still getting payed." Please take your child out while you still can!

Posted July 17, 2013
Unless you want your child to have a low self esteem I recommend you do not send them here. The staff is messed up. Last year all the good teachers quite because they realized how corrupt the school was. They favor specific students . They threaten and harass students if they are searching for an answer !!!!!! Do NOT pick this school . Perris high has a better drill team and it's a public school .

California Military Institute 2

Posted June 27, 2013
I had 2 kids attend CMI and 1 for the new school 2013-2014! My son attended CMI in . As a new school there was potential from student's, Teacher's, staff, and parent's alike. Soon excitement disappeared, my son attended 6-8 grade. I felt he was not important, not part of their groups, nor did any one teacher or staff member stick out for me or him after having attending there for 3 years... My daughter attended 7 and 8 grade. She gained many friends but as soon as half way through she began to dislike the school. She had 4 beret's stolen from her, and 1 hat and a pair of boots. She was constantly getting in trouble for the missing items though she explained they were stolen, but certain student's missed certain clothing items and were not reprimanded! There was a Teacher who regularly picked on my daughter and no call, email, or attempts to contact me as the parent. My daughter was on the cheer team and we paid for uniforms $200+ then when school began we were informed there was new coach and they did not have to pay for cheer uniform but we lost our money. The new coach had 2 nieces on the team and favoritism was so very obvious. I felt ignored and disrespected by office staff!

Posted June 06, 2013
The school that my son will be going to is March Jr High, I think that he need a better school, I would like to go see what your school is all about. A friend told us about this school.

California Military Institute 2

Posted May 15, 2013
This schools runs on favoritism school elections are based soley on popularity and our leadership doesn't have their act together I came here seeking better oppurtunites and learned that this is NOT the place for High School. We have no electives or extra curriculum activities and our highschoolers are stressed all the time. Our buildings are old full of roaches and we experience many problems with the gas pipes around our school. The students don't even have a gym. More bad than good has come out of this school for me.

California Military Institute
755 North A Street, Perris, CA  92570
Last modified California Military Institute is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
California Military Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top