School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

When Sierra Vista first opened it had a horrible traffic problem. The main cause was not enough streets for the amount of students that feed both the elementary and middle school on the street. In 2009 I started as principal and told my parents I would do whatever it took to alleviate the traffic. In 2010 the promised traffic light was installed thanks to the city and a great team at the district office. With some better signage, the reversing of flow in the parking lot, the traffic light, and great team work, Sierra Vista now has a reformed traffic flow. The school has received numerous compliments on the improvement from parents, district office personnel, and visitors.
April 26, 2011

Bad
Good

Sierra Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2016
My son attended this school for about 2 months and I had to move him from schools. He wasn't getting the help he needed, the teacher was very impatient with him and did not want to help him. I tried going in to observe what was going on and she did not let me. She told me that she had 24 other students to help and that she wasn't going to be holding my sons hand whenever he couldn't keep up with the class. He never went to preschool and she told me that was going to be a big problem. Isn't she a teacher to help out students? I went in for a parent conference with her and told her I was moving my son to another school. She made my son feel very upset everyday. A kinder student shouldn't be put down especially by a teacher, they should be praised for at least trying. Everytime we pass by this school he remembers the bad experience he had. I'm glad I moved him from schools, his new teacher is very patient and he has learned so much.

Posted September 17, 2014
Sierra Vista has an amazing staff, teachers and Principal. Traffic has greatly improved. I am thankful to Mr Warren, parent volunteers, teachers who always ensure my kids' safety when I drop them off and pick them up. They never fail to inform me of any school events and important reminders through their telephone system. It is a great atmosphere and everyone is friendly. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 29, 2014
I am very pleased with this school. There is always an open line of communication between parents and teachers, I am always informed about my child's progress and I can feel an overall sense of pride and ownership of the school from the staff. I was also impressed by the principal's (Mr. Warren) urgency to give back to the community of Perris and involvement with our children's development and success. He and other staff opened the Boys and Girls Club of Perris and I am very happy knowing my son has such a strong, supportive team around him to motivate him to succeed. Also, Ms. Andrews (K teacher) is awesome! She was always supportive of my son and ensuring I was aware of his progress and let me know of ways to reinforce his learning at home. Great job Sierra Vista Staff.

Posted September 10, 2013
The principle is Mr.Warren is awsome. Encourages the kids to strive for perfect attendance. The school also has a character pleadge :-)

Posted August 14, 2013
Excellent school! The teachers are amazing! My kids have had some great teachers at this school. Teachers who want your child to succeed. Teachers who listen to your concerns. Teachers who actually care about the student. Plus, they have a very friendly office staff and the principal and vice-principal took the time to get to know my family and other families as well. Great school overall!

Posted July 23, 2013
Mr Warren, Mr Henderson and his 6th grade team are AWESOME!! They made it a priority...sincerely to prepare my daughter for Middle school and beyond. Thank you Mrs Payton and Mr Applegate!!

Posted June 04, 2013
Sierra Vista deserves more than 5 stars! Great job Mr. Warren and all the staff!

Posted May 23, 2011
Great school with great administration! The school as a whole have the students' best interest in mind. Parking issues have not been ignored and I have personally seen a significant improvement from a few years ago. They have a great faculty and a great personable principal! They take pride in their curriculum and encourage parent-teacher interaction. I am extremely happy with my childs progress within this school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 26, 2011

Posted November 18, 2010
Excellent teachers...my kids enjoy going to school everyday. They bring home challenging homework everyday couldn't ask for a better school for my kids to go to.

Sierra Vista Elementary School
20300 Sherman Road, Perris, CA  92571-7522
Last modified Sierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.