Citrus Hill High School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
This school is absolutely sad. They have such low standards it's astonishing how a student wouldn't pass. Most of their 10th graders can barely pass their CAHSEE's. Doesn't shock me how they haven't even became a California Distinguished School.

Posted September 19, 2014
I am the same parent that posted about varsity volley ball coach I also wanted to say aside from the coach I have had 3 kids attend there and think teachers and principle Cabral is wonderful.Great choice for good education I love this school aside from the coach

Posted January 21, 2014
The teachers and staff are all so involved and caring, which contributes to the familiar and friendly environment of the school

Posted August 13, 2013
My son had a choice between CHHS and King. He made the decision to attend CHHS and we love it. I can not say enough good things about the school's administration staff, counselors, teachers, and coaching staff. They absolutely care about kids at this school. I'm an educator and I'm continually impressed by the level of commitment and dedication of CHHS teachers. I proud to say my son is a HAWK and he'll be graduating from CHHS this year. He's had an amazing experience. And just as an aside, I worked the snack bar at a football game once and the teenagers were very respectful...I could honestly count less than ten kids ( in a 4 hour time frame) who didn't say thank you. CHHS...they've got awesome teachers and kids!!!

Posted August 08, 2013
The comment below from a freshman is sad. My daughter just graduated and has been in the school since freshman yr and she just loved her high school experience. Just because the majority of the students are below the poverty line does not make them bad people. As for foul language I am in the Orange Crest area all the time and the kids have potty mouths there to. That student must not have heard of the stabbing that occurred at King High. As for the teachers you will always have a few that are in the wrong line of work and that is in EVERY school! You will also have kids that have issues in EVERY school! You will always have alcohol and drug issues in EVERY school. Race and money doesn't make you any better or less. If you go into it with an I'm better than you attitude you will always suffer. This school does not put the jocks and cheerleaders first. You would be hard pressed to find a school where the band members are part of the royal courts. It is an amazing school the staff and councilors are always there for you. In her four yrs there she only had an issue with one teacher. Lesson- there are people in this world that you will never get along with - that's life!

Citrus Hill High School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
This is a horrible school! I attended this school for Freshman year, because I moved from King High in Riverside's territory to the Boulders, up the street from Citrus. The teachers are extremely lazy and rude. Students are out of control! All you hear is inappropriate language and all you see is inappropriate behavior! Not only are the students rude, but the parents are as well. And the teachers and staff do nothing about it! They'll also just give you a good grade because they don't want you to bother them. They also have this stupid rule about joining their Scholars Program. The principal doesn't even care about academics. If you ask me, this is a sports school. All he cares about is his football team, because they make him the most money. Most of their athletes don't even have a 2.0. Some of the staff can barely speak English! Considering most of the kids are from the rough part of town, my parents were worried that they would influence me badly. So they transferred me to Riverside Poly after Freshman year, because King was too full so I could have a better education. If you want your child to have a good education, stay away from this school. And if you can't, well good luck.

Posted March 01, 2011
Citrus Hill High School is the best high school a student can attend. I'm currently a Junior and my home school was Fallbrook Union High School. That is a very huge school so it was harder for me to focus and get the 1 on 1 attention that I benefit from at Citrus. Teachers demonstrate a deep interest in the success of students and the physics program shows a greater way of learning. Most high school stereotypes are proved wrong as students from all racial backgrounds interact as one huge family. My fellow peers are by far the friendliest i have encountered so far. It is the best high school experience unlike any other.

Posted January 03, 2011
I have been in Citrus Hill High School since I was a Freshmen and I am now a Junior.Many people may say bad things about all school`s I did the same when I was younger and when I came to Citrus my mind changed. This school is very talented by theTheater,Art,Ceramics,Yearbook,Football and many more.Many people judge the school for not being great,but as a student I should know the best of the school right?Well it`s awesome its friendly and not like any other school,with fights and anger.But its with greatness and good skills in classes like math and english for an example.I perfer Citrus Hill because its a better enviorment and less drama and fighting unlike Rancho Verde not to say thier a bad school,but thats what Rancho is known for all the racial slurs,all the drugs,violence,and low teacher skills,alot f kids dont understand why to even go to school beacuse they can`t even sit down in a class there to many students.So i say GO HAWKS. =]

Posted August 27, 2010
I absolutely love this school for my daughter, her home school is actually Rancho Verde High. I had to do a Intra District Transfer because I felt that there were too many distractions. Now Rancho is not a bad school, I just didn't think it was the school for my Child.

Posted August 09, 2010
Don't Listen to the negative remarks, i just graduated CLASS OF 2010. This school is great because there's not a lot of drama and the teachers are amazing they even take time of their own schedules to help people do there best. I used to play on the varsity soccer team and i loved it the condition and determination as a team could be seen especially the football team who had a great run and other sports as well. The only negative thing about this school is the cameras..as a student you don't like being monitored but i can see why they have em to have things in place another thing is lunch time it get packed and people cut in lines (like me lol). The security guards are awesome and let you get away with a lot of things. Well i would recomend this school over any other school

Citrus Hill High School
18150 Wood Road, Perris, CA  92570
Last modified Citrus Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Citrus Hill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top