Perris, CA

Avalon Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2014
I was happy when my son first started kindergarten this year however, a few weeks later my son was being bullied as well as a few other boys. I went to his teacher and principal and not much changed and the bullying continued. It's sad the first year of school for a child to go thru this situation and for the school to not take any action. I will say my son enjoys school and his teacher is really nice. However, I am not sure I will enroll my son there again next year.

Avalon Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
This school is a great stater for kids. My daughter loved Kinder and has thrived and learned a lot, she will now be in 2nd grade. My son is now anxious to start K here this year. She has really learned a lot. The principal is involved and caring. Their are activites throughout the year to help community involvement and the kids feel connected. Communication in K was great, not so great in 1st and we missed some of these activites. They learn a lot in school, but could do better really focusing on small details, or tutoring programs, EVEN if the kids are ahead and advanced. I feel my kids could really excel if they had the chance, but because of the no child left behind they said they wont advance them just for reading or help them move ahead of the other classmates, which is frustrating as a parent and with a nephew who is moved to a special reading class and has advanced 3 grades for reading at a different school. We also wish the school website was up kept better with information and updates. Schedules, etc. Overall we are happy with this school, we were very nervous to find a good school in the Perris community but found one here at Avalon.

Posted January 06, 2011
This school is amazing! My daughter hated going to school until she started Kindergarten here. Now she is excited to be learning to read, and can't wait to practice her sight words every night.

Posted February 01, 2010
My children attended avalon last year before we moved. We are now using avalon as a point of interest for buying a house in the area.

Avalon Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2009

Posted December 25, 2008

Posted October 29, 2008
Awesome school with great spirit and pride! Principle, staff, students and parents all A+!

Posted October 05, 2007
Awesome Principal . . . Awesome School . . . Awesome Teachers . . . Awesome Staff . . . Awesome students. . . Proud to be associated with this school!

Avalon Elementary School 0

Posted September 13, 2007
Dr. Lezine, Teachers and all Staff are all top notch. I cannot remember any of my elementary principal's names. However, Dr. Lezine has made such a positive impact on my son & daughter that I know her name and her legacy will forever be remembered in our family. The teachers are all so top notch and really do care about the kids. It's not just a job to them, it's the future of America and they are a part of making that happen. The Staff is outstanding. Library, custodians, caferia & office workers are incredibly friendly and help to create a positive atmosphere at Avalon. The spirit of Avalon is felt immediately. The spirit of Avalon is felt even when you call the school and the always friendly Mrs. Castellanos readily greets each caller with 'Avalon Elementary, how can I make your day easier?' Avalon Elementary is definitely the 'Camelot' of Riverside County!

Posted September 12, 2007
My daughter is a kindergarden and she is my first child in school but Dr. lezine and the rest of the staff and ms link , made this transition easy for me and my child. they are the best.

Avalon Elementary School
1815 East Rider Street, Perris, CA  92571
Last modified Avalon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avalon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top