Bad
Good

This is My son's second year at Sky View, at first my husband was not very pleased with the reviews and the rating of this school but as time passed Like more the school, Teachers are good, but the job not only for the teachers it's also for the parents To get involved and do or help in everything the teachers ask, my don was behind In reading and we got a note that we had to put them to read, the sheets and The timing that we were asked to practice with our kid really worked! I feel that they are doing their work but is up to us as parents to keep working With our kids at home also, there are too many distractions At home we need To take their games away and give them books to read!!!!

Sky View El. is not bad, as it's reputation states. Though there are many english-learning pupils, which can tend to affect cst's, the teachers I've gotten to meet (by volunteering) are astounding educators! I admit I was a bit iffy at first about having them attend PESD. Now I feel confident that my kids along with the support of the teachers and myself will headway right on to further tuition. We as parents need to team up w/our children's teacher for better results. Sky View has the right tools and talented, eminent staff. There's only ONE lame issue that I personally disagree on . The playground rules. It appears that their students don't get many options on the grounds. They are only given ONE choice of play. Really?! Even convicts are awarded with options they can choose from!! Even though they are not a California distinguished school, they are overall adroit. It just came to mind to persue and the persuasion of a change in playground rules. Hey, you're only a kid once!

My Son goes to Skyview Elementary. He was recently in an altercation with another student. He was suspended for what had happened for a day. I thought that was the end of his punishment. I was wrong. Now I find out he has no recess for the rest of the week. The other child who was the aggressor of the situation was only suspended. The lack of supervision / leadership and involvement with the students is in serious need of adjustments. The principle says she cannot undo what her vice principle says. As a principle you can override anything your staff says or does as long as it is in standards. Lack of leadership. What are we teaching these kids. The way things are going, these kids are being set up for failure. It seems like the these kids are just cattle being herded through.

Thank you for being a great school and great thank you for the great teachers

In my opinion, The school is great! My daughter is in Kindergarden and has learned a lot because of the teachers hard work. I have also helped out in the classroom and witnessed the teacher doing a great job as a teacher. I am very pleased with the outcome of my daughter's academic skills. She is advanced and i'm pleasantly surprised!

Now that we have been here a good 5 months I still like this school however there needs to be more assistance with homework in the afterschool program. (Shine) The children can not Shine if they are not help during this period with homework and not so much playground time.

Last modified Sky View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.