Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Palms Elementary School 1

Posted December 11, 2015
I enrolled my children in this school 2 years ago from LA county and I am very displeased with the service they have received. From the teachers to the office staff to the after school staff this school is just one disappointment after another. We've had to endure having a teacher tell her whole class to shun and say nasty things to my son ( who was in the 2nd grade at the time) forcing my kids to attend an ESL class because the majority of the school needs it when my kids came out speaking English and that time could be focused on another curriculum. Paying for field trips (not that big of a deal to some) but we came from another district in the same state and the policies are as different as night and day. I feel the money that should be used to fund these activities aren't being utilized properly and someone might be padding their pockets at my expense. The office staff is horrible nothing but politics going on in there and I would love to see another race in there besides hispanic not that there is nothing wrong with hispanic people I just want someone who can relate to mine and my children's needs. All in all the school is horrible I have been asking for 2 years for a report on my sons behavior so I can take him to a therapist and get him help imy sons needs have been constantly put on the back burner so much I had to find a therapist on my own and take him there when there is one right at the school. Just ridiculous if I could I wouldn't give this school any stars that's how bad it is. If you want your kids to learn please don't bring them here!!

Posted August 14, 2014
This school is amazing I have gone there from K-6th. Lots of the teachers are willing to work with you. I've always had great years there not many problems, but if you do have a problem talk to the teachers or staff they are really helpful.

Palms Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2011
My son has been at this school for 2 years now. We've had 2 wonderful teachers, but experienced a TERRIBLE encounter with office personnel. For 2 years, we have ALWAYS dropped him off and picked him up at the front gate. The principal is outside, after school, on most days. He recognizes our cars, knows who our son is, and will often take our son by the hand and lead him to our car. One day, I arrived 30 min early (as usual) and I couldn t find my son. I called the office in a panic. Instead of trying to help, this woman starts accusing me of making a mistake on the paperwork. She said another person went to look at the paperwork and said, "Yes, she signed saying she'll pick him up at the other gate." I was in tears worried about my little boy and all she was worried about PAPERWORK??? We eventually found my son coming around the corner from a different gate. I was FURIOUS. My husband went to speak with the principal the next day, who found the paperwork I had signed and saw that I checked the CORRECT box and the office staff had looked at the WRONG paperwork. Ridiculous. I hope no other parent will have to go through what I went through.

Posted April 14, 2010
I moved my kids here from freedom crest elementary and im glad i did my children are doing excellent here and there also happy at these school

Palms Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2010
My 3 children have attended Palms Elementary for the past 2 years and I continue to be impressed by the dedication and concern of teachers and the principal. We have been fortunate to have great teachers for our children so far and feel confident in keeping them in Palms Elementary as long as we live within the PESD.

Palms Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2009
My daughter is now in 4th grade, she started in 1st. Every year she has had wonderful teachers. They all have had her best interest at heart and are very communicative during the year . My son is now in Kinder. & also has a terrific teacher. The principal is approachable and addresses concerns. I do wish this and every school had some kind of ext. curricular activities and more school projects.

Posted February 27, 2008
This school is far from excellent. One only needs to look at all the teachers that have left and the poor scores during STAR testing. Parents do your homework. Much is to be said about this school one you educate yourself. Talk to parents in the community and ask about administration and special ed services. Then make your decision on the quality of this school.

Posted February 21, 2008
This school is excellent, with the exception of some over-strict teachers.

Palms Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2008
I found the leadership to be substandard. I recently removed my children from this school. They are now making great progress. This school wanted to retain my first grader. I insisted that he be placed in 2nd grade. I'm proud to annouce at his new school he is on target to meet the second grade standards. I only wish I would have removed my children sooner.

Posted January 14, 2008

255 East Jarvis, Perris, CA  92571-2825
Last modified Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.