St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Pico Rivera

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $260,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,400.

Sweep tile

Posted July 22, 2013

My dauther is the first Jr. Kindergarten class that SMS ever had. I can honestly say that I was very happy with the teacher and office staff. I loved the fact that the Jr. Kindergarten teacher care about the education of the kids. My dauther learned alot and not to mention that we as the parents have to do our part at home when it comes to the education. I love the fact that the school is very united. We are very happy that we are part of the SMS family!

Posted May 26, 2010

Obviously, some teachers have been at this school for a long time and it's time for them to move on. This school needs changes with with new ideas from new teachers!!!

Posted May 6, 2010

I have very mixed feelings about this school. If it is such a good school, then why are so many teachers leaving at the end of 2010 school year? There is some serious issues at this school that no one is telling us about.

Posted January 31, 2010

Unfortunately, the principal is not very receptive to negative criticism of her teachers. It is very hit or miss in terms of the quality of the teaching staff e.g. good teacher one year, not so good the next, etc. If you want to be here for the social aspect, it is a good place because you will know all your kids classmates and their parents. But academically, not very rigorous. They need to do some major changes if they want to keep enrollment at a decent number.

Posted January 16, 2010

I have been a parent at this school for many years and of course I have seen many changes. If your a parent that has concerns or feedback about the school you should bring to the attention of the administration. I am very pleased with the way the teachers handle situations and are always striving to give the students the best possible information! I have a son in high school and St. Marianne really did prepare him. The foundation he received was worth the sacrifices that I paid! If your looking for a family oriented school this is the place! Thanks!

Posted November 1, 2009

I am very disappointed with the education my first grader is receiving. I was talked into staying another year after being unhappy about kinder, but I am really regretting my decision. I am beginning to see that there is another reason, besides the financial situation, for the low enrollment at SMS. High academic standards are not a priority but fundraising is.

Posted June 14, 2009

This school is not doing a good job of educating our children. I've tried talking to the administrator but while she is nice, she is also not good at following through. It is a shame to pay tuition for a school with such low expectations.

Posted October 2, 2008

Unfortunately, the academic expectations are not very high. The school needs extensive remodeling. The staff is nice but there needs to be more consistency in the quality of teachers. I expect more from a private school and I'm considering pulling my children out.

Posted March 26, 2008

I am new parent at this school and I am so impressed. There are retreats for all the classes and the Catholic culture at this school is very apparent, practiced, and encouraged. My kids transitioned very well. The staff AND students went out of their way to ensure that my kids felt welcomed. The principal has been a support that I'm not used to and am deeply grateful for. I / we are very happy!

Posted November 28, 2007

I love this school and think it's a great place to get an education. With the help of teachersa and trying your best, you could surely be accepted into a top rated high school.
—Submitted by a student

American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Asian 0%
Black 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7911 Buhman Avenue