St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2014
School is family oriented. Class size is appropriate. My child obtained a good education. Most teachers have been there for years. There are a few teachers that should not be there because their heart is not into it. Or perhaps due to their leadership of "Ms. Lloyd" they are discouraged. She has no business being principal. Ms. Lloyd intimidates the children & teachers to the point that they are afraid to talk to her. She is a very controlling person and is not open for any suggestions from parents. She always has a Grouchy manner. She does not dress professional but neither do staff. Ms. Lloyd preaches the "Catholic Faith" but does not display or practice it. She is not a good roll model for students or staff. School Can improve by changing leadership. It is a shame that the Archdioceses has not done anything about what teachers, students and parents have been dealing with. I would not recommend this school to anyone if this principle remains. I will be sending my other children elsewhere.

Posted May 20, 2014
I have been a parent at the school for many years now and I have discussed with other parents and know that they share my sentiment. The teachers at this school are exceptional however; the principal leaves much to be desired. She seems to have a mental issue. She does not demonstrate good leadership and is disrespectful to teachers and students. I think the kids are afraid to speak up, but if someone takes the time to look into this issue that I am bringing to light, it will be revealed that this principal has real issues. A simple interview with children and the teachers at the school will expose the controlling and negative temperament this principal demonstrates. Please investigate this issue and do something about it for our children s sake.

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2013
My dauther is the first Jr. Kindergarten class that SMS ever had. I can honestly say that I was very happy with the teacher and office staff. I loved the fact that the Jr. Kindergarten teacher care about the education of the kids. My dauther learned alot and not to mention that we as the parents have to do our part at home when it comes to the education. I love the fact that the school is very united. We are very happy that we are part of the SMS family!

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
Obviously, some teachers have been at this school for a long time and it's time for them to move on. This school needs changes with with new ideas from new teachers!!!

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
I have very mixed feelings about this school. If it is such a good school, then why are so many teachers leaving at the end of 2010 school year? There is some serious issues at this school that no one is telling us about.

Posted January 31, 2010
Unfortunately, the principal is not very receptive to negative criticism of her teachers. It is very hit or miss in terms of the quality of the teaching staff e.g. good teacher one year, not so good the next, etc. If you want to be here for the social aspect, it is a good place because you will know all your kids classmates and their parents. But academically, not very rigorous. They need to do some major changes if they want to keep enrollment at a decent number.

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 5

Posted January 16, 2010
I have been a parent at this school for many years and of course I have seen many changes. If your a parent that has concerns or feedback about the school you should bring to the attention of the administration. I am very pleased with the way the teachers handle situations and are always striving to give the students the best possible information! I have a son in high school and St. Marianne really did prepare him. The foundation he received was worth the sacrifices that I paid! If your looking for a family oriented school this is the place! Thanks!

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 0

Posted November 01, 2009
I am very disappointed with the education my first grader is receiving. I was talked into staying another year after being unhappy about kinder, but I am really regretting my decision. I am beginning to see that there is another reason, besides the financial situation, for the low enrollment at SMS. High academic standards are not a priority but fundraising is.

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2009

Posted June 14, 2009
This school is not doing a good job of educating our children. I've tried talking to the administrator but while she is nice, she is also not good at following through. It is a shame to pay tuition for a school with such low expectations.

St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School
7911 Buhman Avenue, Pico Rivera, CA  90660
Last modified St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Marianne De Paredes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top