Piedmont, CA

Posted July 23, 2013
GOOD ALL-AROUND SCHOOL. As we post this, our son has completed kindergarten and is headed to 1st grade at CC. It's a very good all-around school with a community of families who love to get involved. It's friendly and open-minded (same-sex families and non-Catholics are welcome, for example) but also structured, with kids wearing uniforms at scheduled events. The religious component might be described as "gently Catholic." We like how adults are addressed as Mr., Mrs., or Ms. rather than first names. Our few quibbles include (1) the yard is small, (2) we could do without the cooking component, (3) we thought the kids could use more science and more history, and (4) basic Spanish exposure is good, but real Spanish instruction might be better. You may also need to supplement your child's art or music, but the programs at the school are fine. From a student's perspective, perhaps CC's greatest strength is the interaction between grades, with the youngest grades regularly participating in activities mentored by upper classes. This benefits the older kids as much as the younger kids, helping them understand what it means to teach as well as to learn.

Posted October 20, 2012
An amazing community with dedicated educators and staff. We have been blessed to have two daughters go through Corpus Christi, and they have enjoyed the academic rigor and familial quality of the school - my oldest refers to her experience even in college. The principal Katie is an angel and leader - no better in the educational world - reaching beyond school bounds as a consistent pillar of strength and inspiration. We are a better family and better individuals because of Corpus Christi

Posted October 20, 2012
This is a great gem in Oakland, and a great value private school. The principal has been leading for over 23 years and has a great record of supporting and retaining staff. The teachers are very effective, each class has a teacher's aid, so students can get the attention they need. The citizenship and spiritual leadership is a big part. Older grades are really involved in helping younger grades. The facilities are dated, and some extra curricular activities are lacking (no art), but what they have has been a great fit for my son

Posted October 20, 2012
Great School, Great Community - After a year in public school, we started looking for a school that promoted the same core basic values that we really wanted our child to learn - like respect, and social responsibility. These values and more are a part of the culture at Corpus Christi. The academics standards are high and while the class size seem large, there are so many teaching resources that when core subjects are taught, the class sizes are quite small. I especially like the personal attention that our principal gives to me and my child. She is always willing to listen and create academic plans when appropriate. I also appreciate the focus on technology. Besides all of this, the Extended Care is affordable and fun - my child never wants to be picked up. They focus on doing homework, then fun with Lego, sports, and even Stop Motion movie projects, and Improv. The parent community is involved and fun. They support one another in so many ways. I am extremely glad we found Corpus Christi !

Posted October 20, 2012
Corpus Christi has been a great school for my two children. We have enjoyed the welcoming community and their desire to make the school a better place. Parent participation in all aspects of the school are second to none. My children enjoy coming to school every day and continue to grow and learn. The teachers challenge my children to grow in many ways from fostering their ability to speak in public to encouraging their academic abilities. My children have participated in the excellent sports program, from volleyball to basketball and cross country. Participating in these programs has fostered a sense of teamwork inside and outside the classroom. Overall we have enjoyed our experience and are glad we made the Corpus Christi choice.

Posted October 20, 2012
My wife and I were faced with the problem many parents have in Oakland: Finding a good school. The Oakland school district wasn't able to accommodate our requests via lottery, and our local school wasn't up to our standards. We looked at all options, and after touring many schools we fell in love with Corpus Christi. We're an agnostic family but were still welcomed with open arms. Never have we felt out of place for not being part of the congregation. The cost is reasonable, the parent involvement in fantastic, the teachers are first-rate, and the administration is not only skilled but loved dearly by everyone. It's a wonderful school and would recommend it to all prospective parents: Believers and non-believers alike.

Posted October 20, 2012
Corpus is a great nurturing school that helps your little ones grown body, mind and spirit. It take a very holistic approach to learning. Not just academics. Although, their academics are very strong as well. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to give their kids to a great Catholic based education

Posted October 20, 2012
We stumbled onto Corpus Christi School by accident 10 years ago and have not have one single regret! Our children, ages 10 and 12, have blossomed at Corpus Christi. The staff is caring, thoughtful and concerned about each child. The principal is FABULOUS, I still don't know how she manages to learn every child's' name before the end of the first month of school? The community of parents are friendly and welcoming and work very hard to keep the tuition low by volunteering at fundraising events. Corpus Christi is truly a wonderful place and we are sad that our time at the school is coming to an end.

Posted October 20, 2012
In my opinion there is no other choice for a K through 8 school in the Oakland and Piedmont area. The greatest part about Corpus is the community. The school fosters learning with both guiding discipline and care. Corpus is one large family and each child is a member of a school family. All of the kids know who every parent is and vice-a-versa. It is wonderful.

Posted October 20, 2012
A strong sense of community. Good supoort for the kids and parents. The focus on giving back to the community surrounding the school is excellent. High morals and academic standards.

Corpus Christi Elementary School
1 Estates Drive, Piedmont, CA  94611
Last modified Corpus Christi Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Corpus Christi Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top