Posted March 08, 2010

Wildwood Elementary School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
We love Wildwood. Each and every teacher we have had has been an excellent educator and a nurturing person. They identify a child's special learning needs early and provide extra support (reading, math, occupational therapy) as needed, in a fun and engaging way. The after care and enrichment programs are fun. The parents are engaged. The administration is proactive. My child feels safe and happy. And we're renters and have felt very welcome in the community.

Wildwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My daughter attended Wildwood Elementary and received an excellent education from all the very gifted teachers and administration. It is still a wonderful neighborhood school.

Wildwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2009
Teachers do not handle the bullying situation well; my child has come home in tears a number of times and the administration refuses to address the issues, pinning the blame on me for not being a, 'strong emotional crutch'.

Posted August 22, 2008
I love Wildwood School/Piedmont. I'm single, not wealthy, I rent an apt and my 8 y.o is mixed race. Some suggest that if you aren't wealthy you/your child won't fit in. Complete nonsense! We have not experienced any negatives living in Piedmont for almost 5 years. School, neighbors, activities, all wonderful.

Posted May 24, 2007
I love this school. We have a son in first grade, his teacher has a Ph.D. in early childhood education and is an excellent and caring educator. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher is everything I could ever ask for in a kindergarten teacher, caring, kind, likable and very well respected by parent and child alike. The extracurriculars are mostly run via the Piedmont Rec department, and are varied, very good and extremely convenient. As African Americans, we had concerns about the lack of diversity in Piedmont its schools. So far we have had absolutely no negative experiences the even seemed racial, with the school, the kids or the other parents. We address the diversity issue by spending most of our extra-curricular time in Oakland (which is literally 100 feet away).

Posted May 08, 2006

Posted August 12, 2005
Wildwood has several exceptional teachers and a fine principal, Carol Cramer, who is very tuned in to each kid's needs. Like all Piedmont schools, Wildwood has a high degree of financial support from the wealthy families of the district, but it is shockingly lacking in diversity, and there is a culture of conspicuous consumption and clique-ish exclusion despite the efforts of the educators. Piedmont is known for its schools but spend some time in this community before you buy. If you can't afford 'ski week'your child probably won't fit in.

Wildwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2005

Wildwood Elementary School
301 Wildwood Ave, Piedmont, CA  94611
Last modified Wildwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top