Bad
Good

We love Wildwood. Each and every teacher we have had has been an excellent educator and a nurturing person. They identify a child's special learning needs early and provide extra support (reading, math, occupational therapy) as needed, in a fun and engaging way. The after care and enrichment programs are fun. The parents are engaged. The administration is proactive. My child feels safe and happy. And we're renters and have felt very welcome in the community.

My daughter attended Wildwood Elementary and received an excellent education from all the very gifted teachers and administration. It is still a wonderful neighborhood school.

Teachers do not handle the bullying situation well; my child has come home in tears a number of times and the administration refuses to address the issues, pinning the blame on me for not being a, 'strong emotional crutch'.

I love Wildwood School/Piedmont. I'm single, not wealthy, I rent an apt and my 8 y.o is mixed race. Some suggest that if you aren't wealthy you/your child won't fit in. Complete nonsense! We have not experienced any negatives living in Piedmont for almost 5 years. School, neighbors, activities, all wonderful.

I love this school. We have a son in first grade, his teacher has a Ph.D. in early childhood education and is an excellent and caring educator. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher is everything I could ever ask for in a kindergarten teacher, caring, kind, likable and very well respected by parent and child alike. The extracurriculars are mostly run via the Piedmont Rec department, and are varied, very good and extremely convenient. As African Americans, we had concerns about the lack of diversity in Piedmont its schools. So far we have had absolutely no negative experiences the even seemed racial, with the school, the kids or the other parents. We address the diversity issue by spending most of our extra-curricular time in Oakland (which is literally 100 feet away).

Last modified Wildwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.