Posted January 26, 2014
Zion Lutheran School is an awesome school. There is a need for more schools that offer a great curriculum, parent involvement, caring teachers, and students that are bright and respectful. This school offers that and much more. When we enrolled our child a few years ago, we did it based on the track record of this school producing kids that were well prepared for high school. We know several kids that graduated from this school and were accepted to high achieving private high schools. Our child loves to learn and enjoys being a kid, friend, and student at this school. We are happy with our experience here. Please give the school a call and request a tour if you are looking for a safe and academically enriched school for your child or children.

Posted December 19, 2013
After making a very last minute decision to not send our child to public school, we were lucky enough to tour and find Zion Lutheran School. Given public school class sizes and the lack of extracurricular activities and funding, we wanted something smaller and an environment where our child would be able to thrive and not get lost amongst the masses. The teachers and staff at this school are nurturing, effective, truly care about the students and provide them with academic challenges while setting them up for success. I would recommend ZIon to anyone who wants a small class size where academics and values are the priority.

Posted December 06, 2013
As a parent of a kindergartner, it feels great to know my child is receiving an excellent education built but on enduring methods of teaching and learning. The teachers are experienced and many if not all, have taught at the school for years. The staff knows how to reach and educate each child. My daughter loves school, she loves learning, she loves her school mates and her teachers. She is excited about what the next school day will bring. The classes are small and the before school and after school programming is robust. The school produces and maintains joyful children, who are supportive of each other. I look forward to sending my son to this school to begin his academic career. This is a school that enhances the childhood experience and develops well-educated children.

Posted September 20, 2013
We are so happy we found Zion for our children. Our son graduated from Zion in June and just started his first year of high school at St Mary's. He is more than prepared to for his Honors English and Honors Geometry classes (content and homework load). Within the first week of high school, our son wrote a thank you note to Mr. Heinitz! Our daughter is in the 3rd grade at Zion. We are very pleased with the reading and math programs (K-8). Our daughter is a competent and analytical reader, which allows her to excel in all subjects in school. One more note on Zion -- the school does not have cliques (parents or children). The classes are small and all of the children play with one another. The kids (K-8) at Zion are thoughtful, well-rounded, loving and respectful. Zion is a true gem!

Posted December 23, 2012
This is our second year at Zion after moving from an OUSD highly rated school. The staff made the transition as smooth as possible. Higher expectations in performance were an adjustment for our child. But for the better, since we now are secure in the fact our child is ready for a higher level of academics in high school. A great place where intellect and personal responsibility are encouraged.

Zion Lutheran School 4

Posted October 06, 2011
Our family found Zion Lutheran School to be an educational community that lives out its values. The school is committed to academic excellence for each student. Through the small class size, challenging academic program, and the commitment of its faculty and staff, we had no doubt that our son was being prepared to enter the even more challenging world of high school. Our son chose to attend St. Mary's College High School and is not only well prepared for the college-preparatory program but has attained the life skills necessary to succeed. He's off to a great start and is already taking advantage of his leadership and athletic skills developed at Zion Lutheran School. We could not have selected a better primary education, K - 8 than Zion Lutheran School. Zion Lutheran School Parents Graduating Class 2011

Posted July 15, 2011
I have two children at Zion Lutheran School and I m very happy with their educational opportunities. The current teachers are caring, loving individuals who strive for their students to learn and grow intellectually and socially. The school class sizes couldn t be smaller (around ten kids per grade) which allows for direct, individualized support for each child. I wouldn t hesitate to recommend this school and hope to see it s continued mission in K-8 education.

Posted November 21, 2009
My daughter is in the 1st grade at Zion. I started looking for schools for her when she was just 3 yrs old. I wanted the best and wouldnt settle for less! After carefull consideration in choosing a school for my daughter the choice was clear from the moment I walked on campus. It wasnt about the money, its about the child! Why pay more when you can get the same education experience at Zion? Zion has exceeded my expectations from the start. Zion not only has encouraged my daughter to thrive academically, but spiritually as well. I would recommend this school to anyone! I am confident I made the right choice for my daughter, and I am sure she will thank me for it later in life. My daughter is in great hands at Zion Lutheran School, and your child will be too!

Posted August 08, 2008
My daughter attends Zion, and we can not be more pleased with the school. All of the teachers really care about the students, the academics are well above standard as is expected with a private school, and the school upholds a strong moral guidance for the kids, which I love. The class sizes range from very small to mid-size, which is also a plus because the teacher is able to attend to each different child's needs without an issue. My 2nd daughter will definitely be attending Zion. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for the same.

Posted June 29, 2007