Bad
Good

This school has improved a lot in the last couple years. They have added many new programs to help students and the teachers care.

This school is, and always has been lousy. I had family members graduate, I graduated from ME, I had relatives who worked for the district. The politics are terrible, the teachers and counselors don't seem to care about the the students. Take your children down the hill instead of make them go to this school.

As a graduate myself, of MEHS, I think the school has lost its luster it used to once have, but overall many of the teachers there are faced with low budgets and very rude students. I think if many of the parents in this school district held their children a little more personally accountable for their actions, and actually help the staff and teachers, the school might improve!

Mountain Empire is a good school, but I think it needs some work. The school has some pretty bad kids and I think they should be disciplined better and some of the teachers should be replaced because they don't teach well.

All three of my daughters have attended or are still attending. People make it sound like it is really bad since it's in the back country. But students who want to learn & are good kids have great opportunities with scholarships

I used to attend mountain empire and it wasnt as bad as people say it is but now that I go to a different school I learned alot more than I did up there. I loved most of the teachers and give them there props! Also you didnt get offered as many activites or food choices as you would in a town school. Also theres not alot of class choices to choose from so I think it there was more options and things to choose from it would be better than what it is today.

This school is very good. It just needs some work. The school could do more to discipline the bad kids and th teachers could work a little harder.

Last modified Mountain Empire High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.