Bad
Good

Great school, wonderful instruction. Teachers are highly competent and the school is very safe. Highly recommended!

When we first started at Collins last year, I felt like i had a blindfold on because there was no information about this school. I was pleasantly surprised on the "small town feel" it had and how supportive the PTA is. I look forward to continuing my children's education here and being a part of the Collin's Community! As with all schools, the more Parental Involvement, the more Success!

I have two children at Collins and have been very pleased. The test scores have steadily increased for the past few years with this year's scores making Collins the highest scoring elementary school in Pinole. The PTA provides lots of fun events for the kids and supplements many of the school's needs. The school is very old but has a lot of character. Proud to have my children at this school.

This is a wonderful school. The PTA has some of the most dedicated, loving, concerned parents that I have ever met. They work really hard to raise money for the classrooms and they provide several family events a year for everyone to have fun. Most of the teachers are wonderful. The scores have risen every year for the past 4 years. Unfortunately, the district seems to have forgotten poor Collins. The building is starting to fall apart and they can't seem to get any relief. We are excited to meet a new principal in the fall.

This school has NO security whatsoever!! the front double doors are wide open and always unlocked. There needs to be some kind of intercom system installed to protect the children and teachers that go there. The campus is wide open and ungated so anyone can get in through any entrance...front, back, side. as for the school, there are good and bad teachers. Unfortunately this school failed to get my son the help that he deserved. What is No Child Left Behind anyways? The parents on the PTA board are a mess. They try to draw you in by gossiping about the teachers and other students....

I went to enroll my son in kindergarten here, and while i was enrolling him the yard teach came in and said there is a man on the basket ball feild and is refusing too leave.. well as im handing them my papers for my son everyone was like what ever (about the man) i was thinking do i really want to put my son here and have to worry that nobody did anything about it nope we will be moving to livermore where the schools are much better rather struggle and have my son in a good school thenm have to worry about strange men on school grounds during school...hope you dont put ur kid here...

I went to this school for more than 5 years, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time. The teachers gave work that I could both apply and enjoy myself with. Although the school is deteriorating, the staff take what they have and make the best of it. They worked on both my strong and weak points and my testing scores are high above average.

Collins is the worst school to put your child in. My child came to Collins in the 5th grade. The staff there are nice, but I'm not sending my child to a school to only be around nice staff. My child came from advanced placement at a school with an API score of 860. Her math ratings in math on state testing was 600 out of 600 and reading 416 out of 600. Collins have been unable to accommodate her intellectual ability. My child have not only been bored, but I have noticed a change in her behavior do to the lack of mental stimulation. Her vocabulary has changed significantly. She isn't interested in continuing GATE because all they do is give extra homework. I could go on, but I would like to end with a suggestion... If you are looking for a school that have staff especially a principal that have knowledge about the students, a passion for the students success and that's willing to do research to get answers to unanswered questions. Choose another school!

The schools boiler has failed over several years. The teachers have asked parents to bring portable heaters to their child's classroom on several occasions. This is the status-quo of our elected officials. The entire school facility is old and deteriorating. The teachers are great. The leadership is failing this school. With the hope from comments from you, perhaps this school will get the attention it deserves. Remember to vote.

This school has some of the best teachers and some of the worst. It is undergoing a transition from a traditional school to a more collaborative model. There are many wonderful families and a rich variety of cultures represented. There are also many families who are overwhelmed and who require considerable support. This is not a Title 1 School so there isn't funding for up to date training or adequate support for teachers. This creates a lot stress for the community. The Pinole Creek flows right behind the school and there are some spectacular coast live oaks.

Last modified Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.