Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

As with any school the instructional staff have varying strengths and areas for growth. To be fair, this is another area I need to focus my inquiries on. I'll get back to you on this issue also.

Amount of homework: no rating

Another area I need to focus my inquiries on. I'll get back to you on this issue also.

Develops character: Agree

Dr. Aloo and his office support team all work together to address student issues and concerns as soon as they are able to. They communicate directly with students and assist them to stay on target with their personal plans and commitments at school.

The Principal Dr. Aloo makes personal contact with each classroom daily. He is visible and available to the students during passing periods, lunch & recesses. Students sometimes have to wait or leave a message for him, but are able to speak with him re their concerns and issues depending on his calendar, within a reasonable period of time. He works with the students to assist them at being involved and a party to the resolutions of issues. He returns calls and keeps appointments with parents within a 48 hour time period. He will leave you a message, schedule a conference or resolve your concern asap. He will communicate given the opportunity. Pleased to know he is returning to Stewart for 2016-2017.

My son is in the PILOT Dual Immersion program, and I love it, my family loves it, and my son loves it! Sra. Hernandez is a gem. She truly loves her profession. WCCUSD...take care of this teacher, we don't want to lose her!

After FINALLY finding this school and switching my 2 older children here. I can finally say that I am SO HAPPY with this school for my children! The teachers are engaged, the staff friendly, helpful and informative. The NEW Principle Dr. Aloo is personable, strict with love, in touch with his students and parents and he is making some amazing changes to the school that promote an environment that is efficient! While there are children there that have behavioral issues. What I see most is genuine friendships forming. Every morning I see my daughter and her friends welcome each other with a hug! It's so refreshing! My only wish is that Parent Involvement were higher. We as parents have to be there to support the teachers and the staff in what they are trying to do for our children. Looking forward to a long stay at Stewart Elementary!

Worst school I've ever seen. Worst district, too. Principal (Butcher) didn't step up and protect the kids. Teachers are allowed to be bullies(Muller & Smith). Students bully and there are no repercussions. Safety is not a concern at all. The school is never completely secured. Anyone can walk in. And anyone can drive up, pick up your child after school, and no one would notice, because not one person on the staff can be bothered to step outside to keep an eye on the children. Do not send your child here! They won't get an education. There are a few good teachers, so if you go there, hope to get them. Lock, Loy & Cunha. Loved these teachers.

Last modified Stewart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.